off the pill after 10 yrs

bella2

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i posted on here about a month ago about coming off the pill and being anxious as i had irregular periods before i went on the pill all them years ago.

anyway, i finished my pack off pills (cilest) and had my usual withdrawal bleed.... it was 2 weeks ago since i stopped the pill and now im anxiously waiting and hoping i get a normal period next time... im using precautions for now as i want to see whether my periods will become regular or will go back to being irregular..

anyone in the same position ??? i know being so anxious isnt helping matters too :-(

xxxx

Hey :hi:

I came off the pill 3 months or so ago (exact is in my ticker) and I had been on it for 10 years too.

I had my usual bleed straight after stopping and have had 2 proper periods since. The cycle length is longer than I used to be - between 40 and 45 days but getting shorter both times so that's good for me.

Waiting to see when I come on this time and will hopefully be a bit less again.

The difference is we are trying so not using any precautions but always happy to chat if you have any questions :hugs:

xxx

I've been on the pill for 5 years and came off recently as it wasn't worth suffering all the side effects (depression, etc.), it didn't do a single thing for my period pains (no matter which ones they put me on), and it sure as hell didn't protect me very well from pregnancy!! I had a 7 or 8 day period rather than my usual 4 or 5 day. Not tracking or anything as not trying for another 2 years, but I've never really bothered to get to know my own body before. I think now is the perfect time for me to do so :)
Best of luck with yours, it should only take a few months :) I hope mine doesn't take long either, looks like we're all in it together! :p
xx

Ps. Mine used to be irregular too, so I'm hoping they'll be normal nowadays! xx

I'm one cycle down after coming off in August. I had a 32 day one, pretty sure I O'd around day 20. If I remember rightly I was always 28/29 days as a teenager. But I think it took a few days for my body to figure out I'd stopped BCP altogether as spotted for a week after withdrawl bleed and felt terribly hormonal. Had AF since Wed (which is wierd as I just 'knew' it would come on my dad's birthday), it is a bit intermittent, but fx'd I'm in working order. I'm taking EPO this month as well as B vitamins as these are meant to help. Good luck to you xx

I meant to say, I have started taking Agnus Castus this month so that might be worth thinking about xxx

Hi Bella!

Congratulations on coming off the pill! Chances are you'll feel much better without it, so yay!
About your irregular cycles (or not, you never know): Have you thought about charting your temperatures? That way you don't have to be quite so anxious as you'll have an indicator of when you're ovulating and therefore when your period is likely to come.
Try not to worry too much either way, you might be completely regular sooner than you think!

I took the pill for five years when I was younger - didn't like it at all, but wanted something reliable. When I came off it (and started using a diaphragm) my periods returned to normal right away, but were heavier and more painful than before I started taking it.

Fly

bella2: I think we came off BC about the same time? :witch: was Sept. 8th What pill were you on? I was on Yazmin for about 3 years and on BC for 10. I am two weeks away from a 28 day cycle AF. I am scared about how long the cycle will be...read on the internet up to 120 days...scary!!! I want to start trying now as I have some issues down there. Maybe we could talk each other through this....It is so weird not knowing when it will come and what is a regular period is like....hopefully we can help each other!!!

Hey hun

I came off the pill 4 weeks ago and i'm still waiting for my normal period. We're being careful too until we've moved into our new place and my cycles are back to normal

Don't know how long that'll be but i'm not too worried as I've read it's taken some people months!

Don't stress, your body will sort itself out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->