Off the pill cd1 anyone want to get through this cycle with me

mummy to 2

Reaction score
Hey girls af shown her face today woo hoo! Which means it's day 1 of all the what ifs am I and questions. I'm currently trc number 5 been quite fertile in the past with my others and feeling quite positive. Eating and drinking well cut out the caffeine to one cup a day and feeling good. Can't wait to hear your stories.

:wave: hi!

Cycle day three here! 2nd cycle off of birth control pills. NTNP #3. I've had te very different ttc experiences in the past with my first taking 13 months to conceive and my 2 taking just 2 cycles. Will be interesting to see how it goes this time. Are you hopeful for a specific gender? I'm not sure I could handle 5 babies my two give me a run for my money as it is :haha:

Aw well fingers crossed it won't be much longer for u. Lol I know every one says I'm mad but it's really not so bad they all keep each other occupied and get on really well. I absolutely love it. Cd3 for me today time to keep up with the healthy eating and drinking and try fit in abit of exercise a couple of times this week. Came off the pill last week and had such a heavy af this month feels like it's never going to end.

Cd6 today and af has finished. Now to look forward to my partner coming home on Tuesday which I'm HOPING ovulation shows up towards the end of next week because the timing would be spot on. He's home for 6 nights as he works away so feeling excited. I won't be too stressed still eating healthy and drinking plenty of water. How are u feeling?

Feeling pretty good here. Cd8 just hanging out waiting to O 😄 DH works night shift so tonight was our first chance to :sex: I figure we will just do it as much as possible around his schedule and hope we catch the egg. I've had a cold for a few weeks now that I'm still trying to recover from but otherwise it's been pretty uneventful here :haha: do you track your cycle in any way? I was considering maybe using opks if we don't get lucky this cycle but am kind of intimidated by them :haha: maybe we will both just get lucky this cycle and it won't matter :dust:

Hi! I'm cd6 and currently about halfway through af (doesn't usually start until 4th or 5th day of placebo pill). Would be starting my next packet on Saturday but we've decided not to. We won't be ttc immediately, probably in the next few months but it's interesting reading other people's experiences stopping the pill. Will be starting prenatal vitamins this weekend.
Good luck to you all, hopefully it will be a smooth journey for all of us

Hi jsha128! I'm currently cd 10! On cd8 I had some very light brown spotting before bed and stopped the following morning. Cd10 and experiencing very slight crampiness. Feeling positive though. Not using opks as they get me too wound up and find them stressful and think too much about ovulation. Sticking to eating healthy and drinking plenty of water and hopefully staying calm and letting nature take its cause. Two more days and he will be home yay. Hoping the cramping is the egg getting ready. 😊

Hey can I join?

I came off pill recently and am currently on cd55!? I got a positive OPK on cd29 and two BFN since AF hasn't arrived. Have now got a positive OPK on cd 53, 54, 55 so I'm a bit confused. I only starting charting this week so hopefully that will help.

I have to admit that I'm very new to all the ttc. For reasons I won't go into, my husband and I were told that if we wanted to have kidss we had to have them now, so I'm learning as I go!

Hey webby

Yea of course! We are all here to get through the good and bad days together and feel the frustration! Wow so ovulate twice in one cycle? That's crazy but guess you're lucky! Get bd'ing lol! It's so nice to have some ladies to talk to. I'm cd10 and my first cycle since coming off the pill. Very excited to see if ovulation happens this week. I usually get the ewcm and the pinching pain to one side.

Hey mummy to 2,
Thanks for the response. Yes it's nice going through it all with other people and having a place to share everything. Didn't think I'd be one to join something like this but I'm glad I have.

I guess I'm either ovulating twice because I missed a period or that I did actually ovulate the first time round so my body is trying again. It's been all over the place coming off the pill. I feel so naive that I didn't have a clue about what it took to get pregnant! Big eye opener.

Interesting that you said that you're choosing not to use OPK tests - I can definitely see why you've chosen not to because I think it has made me slightly crazy. I'm going to doctors tomorrow just to talk about everything in general.

Jsha128 - good luck coming off the pill xx

Mummy to 2 - meant to ask since you've been through this all before, did your cycles go back to being regular when coming off the pill before?

Yea it would be a lot easier wouldn't it if we all just had straight forward 28 day cycles wouldn't it!? I'm cd10 and been having a nagging sort of af pain all afternoon hoping it's ovulation getting ready but it seems to have stopped now. Cm is slowly getting whiter.. so we shall see. Yea I can never be too sure with opk kits because u can get slight positives and positives and gets me all confused lol good luck xx

So I'm actually only cd6 today - too used to tracking my cycle based on what pill number than by when af starts. I'm 30 and was on the pill for 11 years non-stop, and we'll be ttc #1 soon. So this is all rather new to me...
Just light spotting over last 2 days. Usually that finishes sooner, once I start next lot of active pills. Besides that I've had a constant dull headache, which I always have during placebo week so not surprised about that. Have also been having to pee twice as often as usual, not sure if that's hormone related or maybe the prenatal vitamins?
I've heard that some women have weird pregnancy symptoms after they stop the pill. Did any if you have anything like that?
It's going to be so weird not knowing the exact day af will start!

I didn't have any symptoms at first but around 4-5weeks after coming off the pill I had really bad cramping, increased amounts of CM. I had to keeping going to the toilet because I could have sworn AF had started but I'm on CD56 now and still no show... I also got extremely sore nipples for a couple of days. It felt like they were on fire.

However, not all my friends who have come off the pill have been as bad as me so I hope your transition will be smoother than mine :)

Hey ladies sorry for the delay! So today's cd11 still having some weird stretchy cramping going on but cm was milky this morning and now clear but not yet stretchy! I'm hoping ovulation day is creeping up! I've been on all sorts of contraception after having my little ones but have always used the pill to kick start af and get my cycles back on track and it's seemed to have worked in the past. I'm hoping it has this cycle too as I'm cd11 and cm seems to be doing what it should before ovulation so fingers crossed. I've also had the needing to pee frequently after coming off the pill so don't use that as an early pregnancy sign. In my recent pregnancies my early signs were runny nose, hungry, achey stretchy abdomen sometimes brown spotting jist before af would have been due and outbreak of spots.not alot really until bfp's to confirm.

I thought I was having early pregnancy signs with the sore nipples, nausea and stretching feeling in my abdomen but turns out they can all be signs of your hormones being all over the place after coming off the pill - which I've now learnt is very true!

Hoping these are positive signs of ovulation for you mummy to 2 :)

Yea so annoying and unfair isn't it?! Me too! Only a few more days to find out. Are you doing anything different this month to help ttc

Haven't had a chance to think about anything differently because I assumed I ovulated round day 29 after the postive opk so I was busy waiting for AF to arrive when I started getting stretchy EWCM again and then three days of positive ovulation sticks from day 53 so just BD-ing everyday! Mucus went away the last couple of days so I was worried but it's back today so am feeling hopeful that this is ovulation for real this time.

The only thing I'm doing differently is that I started temp charting last week so we'll see if that gives me any indications of whether I successfully ovulated this time round. I'm on day 56 now so just a waiting game....

Well fingers crossed you've caught an egg at some point during this cycle lol. I'm cd12 have had white sticky cm but also a tiny but if ewcm. I'm hoping for more to appear. The fellas home tonight too so it's all perfect timing so far..

that would be perfect if it was - hope it all works out! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->