Off topic- sleep and neighbours telly :-(

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Ok so I have lived in my new house for about 2 months

I love it I love the house I love the street etc but my god the neighbours have their telly soooo loud!
They are quite old say late 60s so think maybe a bit deaf but they go to bed so late too!

Oh works late nights 4 times a week n them nights I can't sleep as it is as I'm still scared if the dark :dohh: and I'm terrified of people breaking in :dohh::dohh:

But their telly keeps me up even more! Like now! I wanted an early night as ds has been up since 6, him and dd went to bed at 6.30 which is early for them but they havnt stopped playing in the sun and swimming today so were wiped, I finished my cleaning and finally tackled my ironing and got in bed at 11 n I'm still sat here Cos its so loud!

I mean what old person is up this late anyway! Some nights it's like hat until 2am!
They seem like nice people so I can't really say anything either haha I'm shattereedddddd x

I invest in ear plugs if you can. Alternatively if its after 11 pm call in a noise conplaint

maybe they are the type of person that cant sleep unless the tv is on and use a hearing aide?? Thats not right though..

I'd be too worried to wear ear plugs incase I didn't hear the kids or something!

To be honest I am one who has to have the telly on to fall asleep when oh is at work but I have it on the lowest I just have It more for the light!

I finally got to sleep at 2 last night and ds was up at 5.30! I'm so tired already n it's only 8!!
It's gona be a long day x

I'd just tell them to be honest, they probably don't realise how the sound carries. You can mention it in a nice way. We had a problem with our neighbours with music and after discussing it we did a bit of trial and error with volume levels and came to a happy compromise.

Really not worth living with if its causing you stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->