OFFICIAL Red Cabbage Gender Prediction Thread!

natural_mamma

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Evensangel suggested we do an official thread for those who have tested, their prediction, and then if it was confirmed correct or incorrect! I loved this idea, and thought I'd start it.

Directions for Gender Test

1) Buy red cabbage

2) Cut cabbage up not small pieces but cut up into about 2 cups

3) Boil water

4) Pour boiled water onto cabbage. Let set about 10mins

5) Remove cabbage from water.

6) Pour cabbage water into white or clear glass.

7) Add urine to cabbage water.

If it turns purple/blue its a Girl **may be a fluorescent purple which is close to pink, so really look at it and decide**
If it turns pink/red its a Boy

Some say purple may not change colors.

Others say it helps to have 2 cups. One with just cabbage water so you can compare the color to the one with cabbage water and urine.

Natural_Mamma - Prediction BOY - Confirmed BOY

Stomp110 - Prediction BOY and confirmed BOY!

alparen - Prediction BOY - It's a GIRL *tested again morning of and got a girl prediction!

alilou151 - Prediction GIRL - Confirmed GIRL

rwllgoodchild - Prediction GIRL **confirmation hopefully in Feb**

april24april - Prediction Girl - confirmed GIRL

Nataliexx - Prediction Girl - confirmed GIRL

happybeany - Prediction Girl - It's a BOY

RosyGray - Prediction Girl - confirmed GIRL

GersPrincess - Prediction Girl - It's a GIRL

Mother of 4 - Prediction Boy - It's a GIRL

caseyann - Prediction Girl **Confirmation on the 6th Jan**

mrswilsey - Prediction Girl - it's a BOY

ttcgeordie - Prediction Girl - It's a BOY

XSunshineMumX - Prediction Girl **awaiting confirmation**

Kate83 - Prediction Girl **Confirmation at birth**

dizzynic - Prediction Girl ** confirmation Jen 27th**

Sherri81 - Prediction Girl **awaiting confirmation**

hkj - Prediction Girl **Confirmation next week**

Chellxx- Prediction Girl **Confirmation at birth**

lilly77 - Prediction Boy **Confirmation next week**

mummy202 - prediction Girl ** Confirmation at birth**

lets get fat - Prediction Girl **Confirmation 26th Jan Fingers crossing it's right for you hon**

Kate83 - Prediction GIRL **Confirmation in April at birth**

dan-o - Prediction GIRL **Confirmation on Valentines Day 14th Feb**

My test

https://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii77/ldemiri/P231110_1503.jpg

Left = Control cup
Right = Test cup

BRIGHT PINK = BOY

alparen's test

Heres my pics from the red cabbage gender test!!! The first pic was before i put my peepee in there lol. Dark purple in color! The secod after i took my peepee! It turned a reddish pink! So i'mpredicted a BOY by this! I mixed a half cabbage water and half peelol
Other pic is my husband being a silly man. So we'll know tomorrow if we are having a boy or girl and i'll come back here and put my update in on what we are expecting!!! :)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/fear_the_moon_baby/urine.jpg

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww :wacko: LOL

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/fear_the_moon_baby/DSCF2010.jpg

I've just posted on the other thread. I have my 20 week scan on monday, so i'll try this over the weekend to see if it's right!

x

I will be buying a red cabbage to try tomorrow and my scan is 2nd Dec :)

just a question- how much wee do you add!? also does it matter when the time of day wee is?!

i know what iam having so will be interesting to see if its right i will go get a red cabbage as soon as! OOHHH iam intrigued now lol

I think someone mentioned that it does make a difference, and that you should use your first pee of the day! I didn't I did mine in the afternoon!

As for how much, there's no set amount! I filled both my cups up with the same amount, then just added a random about into one cup! If you look at my pic, ou can see the level difference!

I did half and half just to make it even and i used night time peepee.

Natural_Mamma - Prediction BOY **Scan to confirm on the 23rd Dec**

Stomp110 - Prediction BOY and confirmed BOY!

alparen - Prediction BOY **Scan within 24hrs for confirmation**

alilou151 - Prediction GIRL **confirmation early next year**

I'm finding out in 2weeks hopefully! 9th dec

Mine turned red deffinitely so that means boy but ive been one hundred percent confrimed girl... was wrong for me.... sigh!! All the gender tests have been wrong so far!!! lol If it wasnt for a level 2 ultrasound I would wonder.... but they seen her ovaries.. so I guess.. Mine was wrong!

I just can't get over the fact that you girls are peeing in drinking cups!!!! Ewwwwwwwwww

I just can't get over the fact that you girls are peeing in drinking cups!!!! Ewwwwwwwwww

It's just pee. Pee is sterile. And it's mixed with cabbage hahaha. so it's technically cabbage urine now lmfao. Now if I were to drink it then I could see it being Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww :haha:
I initially had mine in a plastic throw away cup but couldn't tell the color. ah well the dishwasher took care of it.

Mine turned red deffinitely so that means boy but ive been one hundred percent confrimed girl... was wrong for me.... sigh!! All the gender tests have been wrong so far!!! lol If it wasnt for a level 2 ultrasound I would wonder.... but they seen her ovaries.. so I guess.. Mine was wrong!

They could see her ovaries- wow how awesome! :) Hope nothing was wrong with you or bubs for you to have had such a detailed scan.

I wouldnt mind having that if they tell me i am having a girl cos they told my sister in law she was having a girl but gave birth to a boy so now i am a bit skeptical about them telling me the sex- am i really going to believe them?!

It's just pee. Pee is sterile. And it's mixed with cabbage hahaha. so it's technically cabbage urine now lmfao. Now if I were to drink it then I could see it being Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww :haha:
I initially had mine in a plastic throw away cup but couldn't tell the color. ah well the dishwasher took care of it.

I know pee is sterile and you'll wash the cups but still..... The thought of drinking out of a cup that someone else has peed in is just ewwwwwwwww! Now I don't think I'll ever be able to accept drinks at other people's houses without first thinking 'I wonder if they've ever voided in this cup???? :shrug: '

:haha: Thanks people.....

Alilou151, Wow, I'm so jealous you'll be finding out so early! I have to wait till 20wks and god it's killing me not knowing! I had a gender prediction card reading, which predicts a boy, so I can only hope she was right with that!

Devinebeauty, Oh man.....that just ruined it for me, I was totally hoping this would be all right, and we could know for sure, just being peeing in the cabbage water....LOL!

KandyKinz, I used cups we have never used, and never will use. So rest assured that is you came over to my place, I wouldn't make you drink from the pee cup! :lol:

caRISSasBump, I know exactly what you mean! I know a few people this has happened too!

They could see her ovaries- wow how awesome! :) Hope nothing was wrong with you or bubs for you to have had such a detailed scan.

I wouldnt mind having that if they tell me i am having a girl cos they told my sister in law she was having a girl but gave birth to a boy so now i am a bit skeptical about them telling me the sex- am i really going to believe them?!

Yeah its nice to confirm lol because yes i do doubt techs sometimes even on other peoples ultrasound. I had a detailed scan because I had cervical cancer 2 years ago and started dialating as my cervix is weak from the radiation treatments I went through, and her heart rate would fluctuate so they wanted a good look at her heart chambers. All was fine though!! phew

Then I also went for a private gender scan just so my little guy could be in the room and see the little one.!! And they also said girl.. then at my docs I questioned him and he said my level 2 scan did say that they seen ovaries lol.. So I was like okay I can believe you now, hes like I give permission to paint the room pink!:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->