Officially diagnosed today

Chimpette

3 Handsome Chappies! xx
Reaction score
Well we had our family support meeting today after Logan's 3 week assessment, and he has been diagnosed with Autism.

Although I had a inkling, I guess it's different actually being told for sure... still I'm sure we'll be ok :thumbup:

Hi hunny. The diagnosis is a funny old time even if you expect it. It took me 3 yrs to get my son diagnosed. I knew he had it. However, the diagnosis shocked me. On teh day I was relived etc and relaxed but a week later I did feel depressed and anxious about it. I am fine about it now though. It helps to talk. Are you on FB? I will try and find some help/advice for your area xx

Hi hunny. The diagnosis is a funny old time even if you expect it. It took me 3 yrs to get my son diagnosed. I knew he had it. However, the diagnosis shocked me. On teh day I was relived etc and relaxed but a week later I did feel depressed and anxious about it. I am fine about it now though. It helps to talk. Are you on FB? I will try and find some help/advice for your area xx

I think we're already friends on facebook. I'm off to the Berkshire autisic meeting on tuesday morning. Hoping to get some more information from there. Your right a funny old time at the moment, still sinking in... what happens about the school he will be 31/2 next month and starting at his foundation unit at little school (at the moment he goes to preschool). Do I have to do in and speak to them, or do they get a letter from my doctors?

xx

Hi yeah I do have you on there, I am so silly, I will message you later. Remind me if I forget xx p.s have you contacted portage? they can help with support at preschool x

I don't have much experience with Autism as my LO has spina bifida, but hugs anyway x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->