Officially overdue!!! Anyone else overdue wanna join me :)

Bladesgirl

Reaction score
So I'm 40 + 1 today!! I honestly didn't think I would go over due!! Hey ho!! Anyone else overdue too?

I haven't really had any signs or symtoms!! Got an apointment on Thursday to see how things are going :/ not been offered a sweep!

Hello, I'm 40+1 today too and really didn't think I'd go over either! To make it worse someone I know was due 2 days after me and she had her little boy on Wednesday!

I've got a sweep booked for Friday but it seems so far away. How are you feeling?

x x

I feel ok really apart from been tired lol I'm not sleeping very well! I feel a bit sick but I'm putting that down to lack of sleep lol!

You had any symtoms? Signs anything?? My friend have birth on Wednesday too but she was 13 days overdue! Glad you have a sweep booked I didn't get offered one I'm hoping they offer me one of Thursday if I go that far :/

Do you know if your having a boy or girl?

I'm really tired too, if I manage to only get up 4 times in the night then I think I'm doing well! I've not really had any signs at all which is disheartening. I expected to have had at least a few by now.

To make it worse my husband goes away with his new job for 4 weeks on 25th March so now I feel like everyday I go over is a day less he gets with me and the baby, added pressure!

I rang my midwife yesterday to ask if they could do a sweep earlier, I know people near me who have had them sooner, and she said no, I wanted to cry lol.

I don't know what we are having, wanted a surprise but really can't wait to find out now.

Have you being trying anything to encourage baby out?

x x

So far tried sex, spicy tacos, pineapple, I've been taking RLT since 34 weeks (which I know doesn't induce labour but ment to soften etc etc) not sure what else to try!! Think I might try a curry tonight but I'm not a big fan so don't know lol!

Have you tried anything?

I've been eating spicy food and hot curries since 37 weeks, tried to go on a long walk every day, I've got a gym ball so been practically sitting on nothing else and sex but I think my husband is straying to feel a bit used!

I'm supposed to be having a home birth but if I go 12 days over I will have to be in the hospital to be induced =(

Is this your first baby?

x x

Yeh first baby!! I really don't want to be induced but I can't see this little monster making a move either!

Your brave having a home birth! I hope you dont have to change that though! I was far to scared still am!! I have all these stupid fears that there will be a problem with baby!! Not sure why!!

I think my OH felt a bit used as well but I've decided it's his job so curry and sex it is lol!! I don't have a ball I never got one but I try and rock around on the edge of the bed lol!!

I'm overdue as well. My first was 3 days early so I expected this one to be even earlier. They've been offering inductions since 39 weeks for me but I'm trying to give him time to come out on his own. I feel like such a hippy rebel since it says "declined induction" in my medical file lol. My induction is scheduled for Thursday if he doesn't make his appearance before then.
I've tried everything (DTD, walking, nipple stimulation, bouncing on my ball etc almost daily) and had 2 sweeps so far and still nothing. I'm so over being pregnant!

I kinda wish I was in America they do inductions and sweeps earlier over there :/

Hope you get some movement before Thursday :)

I am 4 days over :-(
Fed up, feel huge and just want my baby. I have a sweep booked for Tuesday when I will be 41wks as that is the earliest they do it here. Really didn't expect to go over but hopefully she will be here soon as I only have until 10th to have my home birth any later and I will have to go to hospital :-(

No signs as far as I can tell. Have had BH but have had them from about 30wks, not sleeping well but that seems due to not getting comfy, feel a little nauseous at times but that could be the lack of sleep.

Hopefully we will all have our little bundles soon!!

This is no 5 for me and I have been as late as 41 wks before so we will see x

I kinda wish I was in America they do inductions and sweeps earlier over there :/

Hope you get some movement before Thursday :)

Thanks! I hope your LO decides to make an appearance soon as well.

awww that's sucks about your sweep!! i don't see why they cant offer them earlier in the UK i haven't been offered one at all and its makes no sense to me!! they aren't a difficult procedure!

sleep is the vain of my life right now lol

Hello everyone 40+8 here today and no sign of a baby!

Had sweeps at 40+0 and 40+3 which have done beggar all, been bouncing, walking, DTD and had a curry.

See midwife again for monitoring on Monday then induction by end of the week if nothing has happened.

I'm not too fussed about being overdue, its more the hassle and 'intended' good advice from other people that is driving me mad!

I really want a sweep now! Lol. I wat to stamp my foot and shout hehe. I feel so bad fr you ladies who are very overdue, I'm on day one and already feel so frustrated!

That's the annoying thing isn't it!! People have started to tell me ways to get labour started!! (Cos of course I haven't already tried :/ hmmm) then people keep telling me about the pros and cons of inductions! It's not like I have a choice really if I get to a set date he can't stay in there forever!

Tried curry today baby is moving lots which is good but I need him to move out lol

Do any of you ladies have experience of bleeding after sex? My midwife told me if I had any fresh red bleeding, opposed to oldish blood in bloody show, to call l & d but I'm not sure if it counts after sex =S it's not a lot but been spotting for about 2 hours now.

Sorry if tmi!

Sorry I haven't I would call and ask just incase!! I called today as my friend told me to just to mention baby had been quiet for 2 days but fully active today. She said she was glad I called so they don't mind you calling :)

Thanks, I just rang and they told me not to worry, the midwife said it might have been a bit of a show and I monitor it. She said if it kept going or my cramps got worse or continued to just ring back. glad I rang!

I had never rang them before apart from that I wish I had for a few other things that I stressed out about earlier on lol but I always thought I was been stupid lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->