Officially overdue!!! Anyone else overdue wanna join me :)

I'm 40+9 now and still haven't had a sweep! Midwife is coming to my house to do one on Monday though and I'll be 40+11 then, and if that doesn't work I'll be going into hospital on Wednesday to be induced on Thursday! Really don't want to be induced though so I'm hoping she comes before then but don't think she will, I've had no signs so far except from losing bits of plug but no blood with it and this has been happening on and off for weeks now :( hope we all get our babies soon

40+11 oh my I hope I don't have to wait that long for a sweep! Good luck though Hun!

Thanks, I think it might be different depending where you live, but mw said they usually offer one at 40+10 but as it would've been a Sunday mine is 40+11 :/ I read somewhere that with your first baby you're usually offered a sweep at 40 weeks or it's 41 weeks if you've already got kids, so if that's true mine should've been 9 days ago!

I got told yesterday by quite a rude midwife that it's against policy to offer them to anyone until at least 41 weeks which seems to go against everything other people have said! Very frustrating =(

I don't understand why if we are all in the UK that they don't all follow the same rules ? My friend had one at 39+6 as that was the closest appointment to 40 weeks yet we haven't been offered one till 41+ how can midwives be so far apart !

I suggest you double sex rounds. Someone recommended.
Wish u all the best ladies.

NICE guidelines state that all first time mummies should be offered a sweep at 40 weeks but not all areas follow these guidelines which is a bit daft and just causes oooodles of confusion.

I've been a rebel today, hardly bounced in my ball and been slouching on the sofa, lol!

I had some confusion with the due date (awkward record-keeping?) so my new care provider is going by a date four days earlier than the old one.... So that would make me six days overdue instead of two!

Oh my god I can't win with this baby for 2 days I had very little movements and got worried then today he's been wiggling around like a crazy bean!! So now my minds jumping to ideas like maybe he's distressed or something :/ I wish I could stop worrying

I keep having the same, they like to keep us on our toes!

Oh my god I can't win with this baby for 2 days I had very little movements and got worried then today he's been wiggling around like a crazy bean!! So now my minds jumping to ideas like maybe he's distressed or something :/ I wish I could stop worrying

I know what you mean. It doesn't get any better though :winkwink:. Once they are born it is a whole new set of constant worries. :dohh:

He seems to be having a rest again this morning! Ow I want my baby so much but I'm not sure i want it to start today as the one day of the year I would like to avoid would be tommorrow!! It's my little brothers birthday and I really don't want them to share the day as he's only 3 and he's quite spoilt so I feel my little las would always feel a little out done :/

Maybe you will start today and have a very quick labour and she will be here tonight, wishful thinking!

I got excited last night because after my bleeding I was very cramps for ages and I was thinking 'oooh could this be the start of something?!!!'. Went to bed anticipating waking up to contractions but nope just the never ending urge to pee! Lol

Hurry up babies us mummies want to meet you!

i think i need to book mark this for tomorow :(

everyone still pregnant?
I sewed 2 duvet covers for my daughter and a dress yesterday to waste time. I just wish this nesting inspired me to clean instead of just make things.

My nesting isn't very good I like things to be near and tidy at the moment but not so much clean! Like I want to make the bed and wash clothes and make sure everything is away but hate hovering and washing up etc lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->