OH finds sex a bit weird now - anyone else?

I hate to say this but I almost feel relieved that I'm not the only one dealing with this. There's that prevailing stereotype that all men are obsessed with :sex: that I've often felt really weird about the fact that my sex drive is so much higher.... I can definitly deal with that myself probably even better then him iykwim :blush: but I definitly miss the intimacy. I think one of the biggest probs re: him not putting out is he's overall not very affectionate at all. He doesn't cuddle or hug or kiss or holds hands nor does he compliment or talk lovey dovily.... So by him refusing sex he's essentially stopped all physical contact between us.

We've discussed this prob several times in the past when I was upset about the 3-4 day gaps and things tended to improve for a few days at a time but since he's decided on complete abstinence our talks regarding the topic haven't been as successful. At first he'd just say he was too tired from work but then on days off he'd have no interest as well :( and he even once stated that it was my fault because I'm always pressuring him to have sex :/

Now I'm at the point where despite wanting it to work and wanting to get back to :sex: I just don't think it's fair that he can get it whenever he wants even if it's just once every couple days/weeks/months :/ and I have to deal with continual rejection. I feel like just saying f*ck it and if he's not gonna put out regularly then we may as well just not start back up again.... maybe I'm crazy weird but I find :sex: almost like a drug and it's much easier to go without it the longer I've been off it lol.... The initial withdrawal sucks!

I havent had sex in months, it a wonder i ever got pg in the first place LOL.

We're always so knackered with Dewi being unwell, hubby is in marathon training and I'm pooped from working full time, being heavily pg and not sleeping much.

Plus hubby did say last time that he found things weird once i was big, not that I was unattractive but that there is a person in there lol

I dont have a high sex drive of late but I think i look most sexy when I'm 3rd tri.

I hate to say this but I almost feel relieved that I'm not the only one dealing with this. There's that prevailing stereotype that all men are obsessed with :sex: that I've often felt really weird about the fact that my sex drive is so much higher.... I can definitly deal with that myself probably even better then him iykwim :blush: but I definitly miss the intimacy. I think one of the biggest probs re: him not putting out is he's overall not very affectionate at all. He doesn't cuddle or hug or kiss or holds hands nor does he compliment or talk lovey dovily.... So by him refusing sex he's essentially stopped all physical contact between us.

We've discussed this prob several times in the past when I was upset about the 3-4 day gaps and things tended to improve for a few days at a time but since he's decided on complete abstinence our talks regarding the topic haven't been as successful. At first he'd just say he was too tired from work but then on days off he'd have no interest as well :( and he even once stated that it was my fault because I'm always pressuring him to have sex :/

Now I'm at the point where despite wanting it to work and wanting to get back to :sex: I just don't think it's fair that he can get it whenever he wants even if it's just once every couple days/weeks/months :/ and I have to deal with continual rejection. I feel like just saying f*ck it and if he's not gonna put out regularly then we may as well just not start back up again.... maybe I'm crazy weird but I find :sex: almost like a drug and it's much easier to go without it the longer I've been off it lol.... The initial withdrawal sucks!

'Like a drug' :haha: i know what you mean though!!!
We used to have sex lots, until you could feel i was pregnant an tell baby was there. now its been once or twice this year :( if i remember right! he just doesnt feel comfortable with baby been there, which makes me feel more unattractive as im a big gal an hate myself as it is!
The longer we gone without the less i really want it now aswell, It seems if we did DTD tonight id want it even more as i have/had really high sex drive! Somedays im really horny :blush: an just want it! but nope :nope:

it sucks!!!!!!

My other half was not bothered so much about sex when we found out I was pregnant it seemed be never wanted it and it really got me down to a point were one night I was so hormonal be turned me down I was so hurt I started crying :-/ I thought be didnt love me no more so we had a chat about it he put his cards on table and said that he didn't want to hurt the baby and that be does in a way feel put off but not a bad way he says I'm still sexy and he loves me the same but the thought of putting his you know what in there when there is a baby just the other side of placenta/ cervix was a bit of a turn off for him :-/ sounds weird but I understand were hes coming from now we've probs only done it once in last 2 month it doesn't bother me anymore I know he loves me and hopefully once bubs is born I'll be able to get sexy underwear n heels back out ;-)

Me and my DH havent had sex since I got pregnant. I find it alittle weird... and he finds it a little weird. .. I really just dont want it. So i think its fine for us..

Its me that finds it odd. I kind of enjoy it but always feel depressed and guilty when we've finished. Partly because the last few times have caused me a tear and bleeding because of swelling and UTIs so I've kind of regretted it afterwards and I feel strange because baby is very obviously there. It's also really unnatural and unspontanious when there are no easy or comfortable positions.
It doesn't mean he doesn't fancy you, I still fancy mu OH to bits and still have my sex drive and have lots of sexy dreams etc but it's just these other things that put me off. We try and do foreplay type stuff and it's often very satisfying and lasts longer than full sex used to! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->