Oh God

shampain

Mum to Patrick! :-)
Reaction score
Just needed somewhere to vent so dont worry if you cannot be bothered reading all this!:cry:
We had our dog taken in for an op 10days ago, all went swimmingly...apart from the cost :rofl: and she had 3 big cysts removed for her, 2 on her back and one on her leg......shes healed really well and is like a new dog now that she doesnt have these weighing her down....she had her stitches taken out yesterday all went well again (shes a very brave girl) me and my OH get settle for the night, her on the sofa next to us...i happen to glance at her back......ITS OPEN WHERE SHE HAD A SET OF STITCHES TAKEN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!:hissy: i go hysterical....i dunno wot to do...OH is telling me to calm down, hold it together...molly starts panicing and going into shock. We have litterally no money, we manage to pursuade a vet to see us and we will arrange payment tomoz morning.... finally we get to see a vet and he staples it back up as a temp measure...but now this means that shes gotta have anethetic again tomoz and be stitched up again :hissy: im so so sos gutted.......i feel awful...i wish i had never had her taken in for the op...i just want it to be 9am so we can get her sorted...plus on top of not having a pot to piss in as it is...now im loosing another 60quid for havin tomoz off as i would just be useless. I feel like i must of done something drastically wrong in my life to have such a run of bad luck, and with things keep going so wrong i keep thinking oh god something is gonna go wrong with baby soon :hissy::blush:i know i shouldnt but i just cant help it, im so fed up. I just wanna hide for a month or so..
dont feel any better for writing this...lol what a waste of time!:blush::sleep::cry:

I hope so, its just now we have £140 emergency vet bill loomin over us plus wotever they gonna charge us to sort her out tomorrow.......awwwwwww ever feel like standing in a field and SCRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they schedule the time to get the stitches out? They should have checked it before releasing her. I would be having words with the Vet who took them out in the first place, thats just negligent in my eyes.

Good luck, I know how stressful it is when a furbaby is not well.

I agree with Ney Ney , talk with the vet that had done the stiches, i would be fuming!
TBH if i was you i wouldnt pay as the stiches should of been propely looked over and if done propely not burst? Correct me if im wrong though.
:hugs: It must of been such a shock to see :hugs:

Just waiting til the vets opens where she had the stitiches done, in my eyes it shouldnt of happened either, they shouldnt burst open...it was an awful shock. Hopefully they will see sense and not charge us but it means she gotta have anethetic again, but i think she will be ok as she will only need a small amount. And to top it off i text my boss at 2am explaining why i wouldnt be in today and ive just got a text back saying "really?are you serious? thats your reason for not coming in to work?" wot fucking idiot...... i shall be telling him tomoz that he wouldnt take that attitude if it was someones child....dick head.

if the stitches have been in for 10 days then the wound should have healed, i would be asking the vet why it has not healed, ask them if they can glue it as well.
As long as the dog hasnt been scratching it excessively then it really should have healed, if it was a large lump that was removed from the back then there could be additional tension on the operation site, keep her well rested and minimal exercise whilst the stitches are in. I would be complaining to the vet that this shouldnt have happened, ask to see the practice manager, make a fuss and you might get the second op reduced or even free if lucky!
Good luck

Hope you get everything sorted with the vet and your dog gets better soon, Hopefully that will be the end of a bad run for you x

:hugs:

Is there nowhere in your area where you can apply for financial help with the costs of your vet bills? I know a friend of mines cat was very ill and there was somewhere she applied to and they paid some of the costs for her as she couldnt afford it. I wouldnt have a clue where to point you though but you could try searching google.

We are gonna have to sort something out, i dont think we should have to pay to have this fixed as its not our fault its opened, there is no way she can get at the wound and she was supervised all night. OH has gone with my mum, i just cant cope with anything else at the mo. Just waiting to hear now.

if you are on any form of income support then you should be able to get financial help. but always worth speaking to the vet or pdsa/rspca.
or see if you can pay in instalments. Insurance would be a good idea but you may find he has a lot of things excluded.,

insurence not worth it for her age, the premiums are sky high. The vet is doing the stiches again for a reduced cost, still think its wrong, they should never of opened, funny how this time they have to stay in for 3 week.

How old is she?
Healing times can increase quite alot as they get older, i can understand them leaving them in muich longer this time.
Did they do any routine blood tests before doing the anaesthetic?

Oh, your poor baby! I agree with the others though - you certainly shouldn't be liable for this bill.
I hope that she gets better soom x x

shes coming up to 13 and yeah they did bloods when she first went in. Just got up, went to bed for a few hours, feeling a bit better now.

i hope you're right hun, luck has gotta turn right?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->