OH going against new night time routine

george83

Reaction score
My ds1 is 3 years old and has never been good at night time but never awful either. However after a couple of bad nights with his 10 month old brother followed by ds1 waking at 4 in the morning and getting himself worked up so much that he was sick everywhere I decided that he needs a better and more consistent bed time routine.

I've really battled to get him into his bed while I sit outside his bedroom door (in the past I had to sit next to him until he fell asleep) then if he wakes during the night he only has water offered to him (instead of more milk as he had before). It's only been a week but twice I've asked my oh to do things and he completely ignores the routine I'm trying to sort and does whatever he likes. Oh isn't home in time to do bedtime every night so I can't even turn around to him and say "that's fine but you deal with bed time from now on". I sometimes spend an hour sitting with ds1 both at bed time and then again in the night and trying to do that on top of all the other jobs I need to do in an evening just isn't practical.

How can I get oh on side? any ideas greatly welcomed please

Why does your OH ignore? Does he know why you're doing it? Mine seems to like going against what I'm trying to do too!!

Why does your OH ignore? Does he know why you're doing it? Mine seems to like going against what I'm trying to do too!!

I have no idea why, I've explained to him what I'm doing and why but he doesn't listen he just wants an easy life as "he's tired" when he has to get up in the middle of the night. I do appreciate that but he very rarely does anything at night so does he not think that I'm just as tired if not more?

Omg as if you want to make more work for yourself! You're doing it for the long gain! Silly men, give him a good talking to about how it will get worse if it's not tackled now. Hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->