Oh good lord...

S

Sparkes

Somebody on facebook has been stealing my photos. :dohh:

Not only that...but they know everything about me. Where I live, the car I have (and the colour), where my OH works, what car my OH drives and they made a post about the nursery my LO will be going to in September :shock:.

I only found out literally twenty minutes ago. One of my friends added the facebook and they accepted so thats how I know what they are doing. They have pictures of my LO too. There are pictures of her I don't recognize and have emailed the pictures to everyone I can think of to ask if they can remember if they have taken it (my friends and family babysit a lot)

I know it could be one of my friends messing about but what if it isn't??

Do you think I should ring the police? I know it might sound like I am being hysterical, but it really is quite weird..

Omg :wacko: That's really shocking - why would friends mess about like that? I'd deffo speak to the police I think, it's surely stalking :wacko:

Omg :wacko: That's really shocking - why would friends mess about like that? I'd deffo speak to the police I think, it's surely stalking :wacko:

I am in bits! Even OH looks a bit edgey and he would usually brush this sort of thing off...I just don't know if they would take it seriously because it is facebook.

CALL THE POLICE This is noooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny matter even if it is friends you need too report the account too facebook as well ASAP this is not cool at all for someone too do too you!!

Call the police. Hopefully they can track down the culprit using an ip address. Its definitely not funny especially when they have photos of your lo. Report it to the police now, they will take it seriously. Probably get your friend to print off some screenshots for you too.

Wow, call the police.. Especially if they have pictures of your LO. Pictures youve never taken? Im worried... Do you know anyone that would want to do this to you Hun?

And please report the page to Facebook, ASAP. They can hopefully get it taken down today... But I'd still be worried. It means they have these pictures. Take action. x

I agree with everyone else call the police! That is not normal!

Definitely report it to the police

Gather some proof up like someone mentioned get your friend to get screen shots etc

Yep,police.

If someone did this to pictures of my LO I would 100% report them. How scary :hugs:

Screenshot the posts (print screen on a PC then open up something like paint and Ctrl+V to paste it in - if I recall) or print them out. That way if they pull their posts or change them you've got the proof of it all.

Go and check your privacy settings - set them ALL right down to friends ONLY. I'd also be tempted to have a friends clearout or put them into groups and restrict access of the personal info to only people you know in real life (and can wallop around the ear if they're playing silly buggers), if you're the sort who collects friends of friends - stick them in another friends group and restrict what they can see - give 'em access to the sort of updates about "is cooking lasagna for dinner" but not the ones where you're "is taking baby to the doctors today for a snotty nose" type level.... if any new stuff gets stolen after that - you've narrowed your suspects down.

Then it's up to you - you can report the stolen photos and get them pulled off FB, or go to the police - I'd possibly be ringing their non emergency number just because of things like nurserys being mentioned. I might also mention it to the nursery if it continues as well - even do something like send them in a list of people authorised to collect your little one with an agreed codeword between you and the nursery - I've seen that type of system used before when there've been dicey situations going on.

Thank you for all your help girls!

Rang the non emergency police number this morning and they will be sending an officer around later today when OH will be back from work. The facebook page has been closed down (I posted it on my facebook so can only assume everyone has reported it or has been mouthing abuse and she has got tired with it) but my concern is that she is going to start another...that and the photos i don't recognize and the people I have heard back from don't recognize them either which is really worrying!

Luckily my friend went through the entire profile and screenshotted a lot of it, and told me she has a recording on her camera of her doing it so she will be bringing them around to me later today.

Its a scary world we live in :nope:

Hopefully they can still catch whoever did it.

Check your privacy settings and lock them right down. Worth doing anyway if you're posting personal information on FB.

Glad you contacted the police.
Someone I know had all the pictures of her daughter taken from there and put onto another profile under a different name. She contacted the police, I dont know exactly what happened as she isnt a close friend, but she put on Facebook a few weeks later that justice had been done regarding the entire matter.

That must have been one hell of a shock for you :(

Check your privacy settings and lock them right down. Worth doing anyway if you're posting personal information on FB.

I have done :thumbup: i'm also going to contact the nursery like you suggested and talk to them about it, i imagine they must be used to these sorts of things happening so hopefully they will be understanding about it.

That will teach me now- photos of my LO will not be posted online!

Ooooo, scary! Glad someone screenshotted it though for you.

This is partly why I deactivated my facebook.. good for a bit of gossip but just toooo many weirdos :wacko:

So glad you reported it.

Could this person know about here (dont mean to worry you)

They are obvious very sad and it is an offence to do what they have done I think its a form of harassment xx

I hope it all gets sorted. That must have been really scary. xxx :hugs:

How scary for you - I hope the police can get to the bottom of it :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back