Oh My God - I am so ANGRY right now! (*update* page 2)

T

TashaAndBump

Hubby just phoned the hospital to find out where I am on the waiting list for my operation, to see if we could have any idea of when it would be (and thus when we could start TTC...) and they have said that they looked at my notes and it doesn't look like I am on the waiting list at all!!!!! :hissy::hissy::hissy:

When I had my last consultant appointment the doctor told me that I would be looking at 14-18 weeks waiting, it's been 7 weeks since then already! I am going to flip if they tell me I have to wait another 18 weeks!!! I feel like I'm ready to go mental here!

I'm in a lot of pain, it's hard to walk sometimes and not only that I sometimes can't get to sleep because the pain in my knees is just too bad (fortunately it's not constant, it comes and goes but anyone who has had really badly torn cartilage will know how much it can hurt!) but not only that, we can't start TTC until this op is over and we ideally wanted to start this December - well that DEFINATELY won't be happening now! :cry:

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH :hissy::hissy::hissy:

I'm waiting for them to ring back now with an explanation... It's not like this is my fault - after I saw the consultant I was given a booking-in form and I filled it straight in there and then and gave it to the receptionist... was told to expect an 18 weeks wait, okay, fine, fair enough.

Later I phoned up and asked to be considered for any cancellations, the receptionist then told me she had my notes up and would put it down that I could do cancellations - well if I wasn't even on the list she must have lied about that?!?

I am SO angry right now - I feel like I could go mental at whoever has cocked up here because I have been waiting patiently for this for what feels like forever (I had this same problem through my whole pregnancy but couldn't have the op because I was pregnant...) and now I have to wait even longer because of someone else's incompetence! :hissy:

PS: So sorry for the rant - just had to get this out there where others would understand my frustration - all we are waiting for (WTT) is this stupid operation, otherwise we are ready, and now we have to wait even longer!!! :cry:

Oh Tasha that's a nightmare!! You must be persistent and make sure they sort you out satisfactorily. Like you say, it's their cock up that put you here, not yours. You can put to them everything you have said in your post and they will HAVE to slot you in, at least in the position you should have been in, had you been put on properly in the first place. Hope you get that sorted soon

Well they just phoned us back, and apparently half of the consultant's dictaphone was deleted somehow and I just dropped off the list :dohh:

His secretary is not around until Wednesday so the receptionist has put my notes on his desk... I should hopefully be given priority.

Am now waiting on a call from my consultant's secretary to tell me how long I am looking at waiting etc...

*sigh*... Just,

blergh

Wow! Sounds odd that you were told you could have a cancellation if you weren't actually on the list! Am not surprised that you're upset.

The least they can do is place you on the list from the date you saw the consultant after all it isn't your fault.

Hope they sort it out for you asap!

:hug: hope they sort this massive mess out for u xxx

Oh no thats awful!! Hope you get more priority now seen as they have f*cked up x

Tasha thats awful - they need to fit you in as it is their mess - honey I hope they get this sorted out for you wihtout any further delays :hug:

Oh Tasha! :hugs: That is truly frustrating! I am so sorry. I hope they get it sorted out for you, so you can get the operation you need ASAP! :hug:

:hugs: hope they sort themselves out soon and put you as higher priority. xx

how massivly frustrating!
I really hope they get this sorted for you asap
:hug:

so sorry honey at lease now it will get sorted out :happydance: and lets hope that you won't have to wait to long :hugs:Lee xxxx

Oh my God, My husband put a complaint in about the way I just slipped off of the waiting list, and now the hospital want me to come in for my pre-op on the 13th of this month! That's sooner than I ever expected!!

I could be looking at Christmas in a wheelchair but I don't care! I could be fit to go (For TTC) by the new year!!! :happydance:

Wohoo!!! :wohoo:

Ooooo will be horrible spending xmas off your feet but congrats on finally getting a date!! xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->