OH terrified of having a girl?

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
So, me and my husband were talking and he said he doesn't want to have a girl.. I said I'm sure we will have a girl then...and he said well then I dont want a kid..

It made me giggle a little cause I know hes overreacting and it's probably just a men thing..
We live in Florida right at the beach and you see alot of 13/14 year old girls wearing a sexy provoking bikini, and walking around with all these guys..around here alot of girls are very slutty at a young age already.
Also he grew up without any brothers and/or sisters.

So the thought of that makes my husband terrified..which I can understand.
But I also told him that we aren't like most parents around here that don't have any time for their kids and just let them do whatever, without consequenses or rules.

Do you think it's quiet "normal" for a guy to be terrified of the thought of having a girl?

My husband's afraid to have a girl. I think it's mostly because he didn't have any sisters. He's afraid of having a daughter who grows up and becomes naughty. Of course I remind him boys can do the same but he just says it's different.

Maybe you should point out that you're a girl and you turned out ok? :rofl:

I'm a bit scared of having boys, as I grew up with no brothers, and sort of have this weird idea in my head that boys won't be nice kids.....

Then I stop and realise that my favourite person in the whole world is a male, and if our sons turn out like him how lucky will I be to have even more wonderful boys in my life.

I think Daddies do have a protectiveness, and therefore fear, for their little girls, but that's ntural and the fact he's worrying is a good sign that he'll be an amazing dad.

My OH only had brothers, so is confident that he can handle sons, but not so sure about daughters. He hasn't said he doesn't want a daughter though, just that he wants her to be the youngest child so she has big brothers to look after her. We shall see how that pans out!

IMO, if you have a daughter the biggest influence on her will be how you bring her up. So, if you and your OH do a good job of that, (which I am sure you will!) she will grow up to be a beautiful woman who you can both be proud of, not a slutty teenager who lives in a naughty bikini! :haha: I was the eldest child, and turned out well, despite living in a really rough area when I was younger, so it sure can be done. As well as that, when you start trying, I think it's only natural for a lot of parents-to-be to have a slight preference for one gender or the other, but when baby comes, all that goes out the window in preference of a healthy baby :flower:

When my OH found out he was having a baby girl with his ex he was so scared. He was scared that he'd be too protective or have to be protective. Plus at first he wanted a little boy to play football with and have that father-son bond.
Now that there isn't long to go he's so excited and can't wait to have a little baby girl :cloud9:
Men can be scared about having a girl at first, but they'll soon be smitten.

My hubby wanted a boy so badly that when we found out we were having a girl he sulked with me all the way home from the scan and didn't snap out of it properly for days BUT now we have Poppy he says he wants all girls! Men!xx

My OH was terrified of having a girl, really didn't want one!! He was positive our baby was a boy that he put on our due date on the calendar "Little man due"..posted all over facebook "cant wait until my little boy is born" EVERYBODY thought I was having a boy!!
Turned out we were having a little girl (He was so shocked, not happy etc) As soon as she was born he now says "Im glad we didnt have a boy anyway, I love my little girl to much!"

My OH wants a girl. He would make a better girl daddy

My DH was terrified of having a girl..when we went to UC Baby and found out we were having a girl, he started making a list of new guns he would have to get to fend off the boys..lol. He absolutely loves having a daughter. He is a big softy when it comes to Rian. She definately has him wrapped around her finger.

My husband wants a girl so badly, he really doesn't want a boy, wants her to be daddy's little girl, like I am with my father ;)

One of my friends was terrified of having a girl (all of his hobbies and interests were 'male' sort of things, so he didn't know how he would bond or interact with a girl). When his wife was pregnant, he was convinced he was having a boy - so much so, he bought her a baby football strip of his favourite team! So, imagine his surprise when the baby was born and she was a lovely wee girl!

He absolutely adores her now. He actually looks after her three days a week whilst his wife works (he works in the evenings) and loves his time with her. In fact, I was speaking to him the other day and he said that if they have more kids, he would love them to be girls! Now, there's a turnaround for you.

me and my bf have only picked out the name were havin for a girl cant choose one for a buy so im convinced ill defo have a boy now lol, my bf aint bothered what we have but i know he loved a boy first just so they can play footie, but he has sed he defo does want a girl.

My boyfriend wants girls, he won't openly admit it, but everytime we talk about our future children he always refers to them as she or her, never he and when i say he he goes a bit funny, so i can tell he wants girls

My OH doesn't want a girl either. His words were how can i play with a girl? hahaha he has nephews and plays football and play fighting etc... with them but i don't think he would have a clue what to do with a girl.
I know you can get any but it is mainly girls in my family (oOoOops)
I'm sure he would love a girl and boy both the same but the idea of a girl just scares him. Maybe it is just the same with your OH, he would come around. He wouldn't have much choice anyway!
x

My OH is the opposite, he really wants to have a daddys little girl, but I don't think he will be prepared for the teenage tantrums and phases ! :dohh:

I want a girl too, but I would love a boy just the same. I think girls, as a rule, tend to come with a little bit more responsibility.. :haha: Or atleast I think so.. OH says when he has a girl she will be locked up from boys until she is 18 :rofl: Oh dear..

hehe thanks ladies for replying.

Today my husband was like : Either way it would be great..LOL

he changes his mind soo much..depending on what mood he is in , i guess.
He still would prefer a boy though, just because then he wouldnt be so overprotective, i think..

I would say that using the word terrified is a bit silly on his part. Maybe he is worried that he would have to protect her etc etc. In all fairness though i think men want a son, but my OH would be delighted each way - as long as baby is healthy and happy. I'm sure when it came to it, he would be thrilled.

hehe thanks ladies for replying.

Today my husband was like : Either way it would be great..LOL

he changes his mind soo much..depending on what mood he is in , i guess.
He still would prefer a boy though, just because then he wouldnt be so overprotective, i think..

Yay! :happydance:

a child is a child at the end of the day- if your OH wants children he should be thankful for what is given to him- he sounds just like my OH. He is scared of having a girl because he's scared of becoming too overprotective and not beign able to familiarize himself with her (like play footie, skateboard etc) but I really honestly think that when the baby is born, he'll be so overcome with love (honestly) he wont care!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->