Oh the weight gain!!

briashayy

On baby #2!!
Reaction score
So, this is a topic that every girl is like "ugh! Be quiet!!" But I'm curious to see just how much everyone has gained!

To be completely honest, I'm 34 weeks (almost 35) and I went from 138(ish) at the beginning (6 weeks), to 201 as of now!! Extreme right?! And the doctor totally isn't worried about it, and has said that it's perfectly normal. Me on the other hand?..I had to get a new license two days ago and refused to take a new picture while pregnant due to this. I'm so hoping that when he makes his arrival, the weight will drop off!!

I'm 18 weeks today and have gained about 8-10lbs. That's as of my last doctor's visit exactly one week ago from today. I feel like I've gained weight since then...and I'm too scared to check. LOL :dohh: I think I'm on track for like a 30+lb weight gain. :(

:hugs: I feel you on this one. I know some women say "don't worry", but I know that's impossible to do. Just try to drink lots of water and eat healthy. Take the full 6 weeks to recover, and then start with some slow, easy exercise after the baby is born. That's all we can do. :flower:

I was going to post the same exact thread this morning after my monthly appt!

I am 5'7 and was 110 pre-pregnancy, and now at 30 weeks am 140 lbs.

So that is 30 lbs so far, but I was a bit underweight to begin with. Hoping I don't gain more and trying REALLY hard not to pay attention to the fact that I've reached the normal pregnancy weight gain limits! :)

as of Tuesday I have gained 30lb I was 123lb prepregnancy and 153lb currently the ob said that due to my BMI prepregnancy which was on the low end I should realistically gain 35lbs total

^I swear you're my pregnancy twin! Can't wait to see our babes, coming up so soon! :)

lol yep we found out on the same day too!!! I wont lie I dont like the weight gain at all!!! Cant wait to see our pink bundles!!

So far I have gained 11 pounds but that's only because at my 12 week appointment I was weighed and had already gained 12 pounds and I am already an overweight lady as it is. It pushed my BMI to over 30 as I'm only 5 ft 1 inch and was 154 pounds at the start, and had gone up to 166, so I started eating healthy and going swimming and lost 5 pounds straight away in week 13!!! Since then I've only gained 4 back and am happy with that.
But my last pregnancy I didn't gain at all first tri and by the end I had gone from 154 pounds to around 180-190 pounds (I stopped weighing lol!) but within the first 6 weeks after birth I was right back down to 154 pounds again. Hopefully it will be the same this time!

I was 12 stone 5 at my first appointment, then I went to 11st13 and im now 12st 5 again. Last time I didnt put on until 30 weeks and then it piled on

Ugh, I had gained 40 total as of last appt (2 weeks ago ~ 30 weeks along). Today, I had my 32wk appt and I ate a big lunch out with DH on the way, which I never do b/c of that darn weigh in! And I was -3 pounds! I was so shocked and happy :) so now I am at about +35 for this pregnancy, and I have 7 weeks +1 day or less, maybe I can keep the gain at or under 40-45 lbs :)
Oh, and I was a normal weight pre-pregnancy. Don't think I should have an issue getting off afterwards *fx*

Well I gained 56 lb last pregnancy and I'll tell you something, I'm being way more careful with my eating habits this time around.
Especially as I started off 14lb heavier than my previous pre pregnancy weight.
I'm aiming for a maximum of 25lb and I've actually lost some to start with.
I did however lose 22-24lb immediately after birth so thatmay help you ladladies feel better? And I was only 14lb heavier than pre pregnancy at 6 weeks pp.
I just failed to lose the rest for any length of time.
Xx

I'm on the higher end as far as bmi... On the line of over weight and obese. I'm 21 weeks, gained 8-10. I will be happy if my total gain is 25-35.

Before DD #1 I was normal, got GD at the end and packed on the weight and was unable to get it off.

I have GD now but I'm also on insulin.

First time around i didn't have scales so only know what weight i was 6weeks after having my DS as I joined slimming world then. I managed to lose 3 stone or almost 40lbs before becoming pregnant this time.

Now I'm just short of 2stone or 28lbs on. I really have no self control when pregnant but although it took time to get the weight off, I'm sure I'll do it again!

Don't worry too much as it's easier to feel in control of your body and eating habits again once your LO arrives.

This pregnancy I've gained 10lbs so far (26 weeks). I was bigger to begin with at 200lbs so that plays into it as well. With my son my pre-pregnancy weight was the same and I gained 35lbs, most of that was in second tri. I think by this point I had gained around 25lbs.

This pregnancy I've gained 10lbs so far (26 weeks). I was bigger to begin with at 200lbs so that plays into it as well. With my son my pre-pregnancy weight was the same and I gained 35lbs, most of that was in second tri. I think by this point I had gained around 25lbs.

You're doing really well!
Hope I can keep it to a minimum too xx

I'm almost 22 weeks and i've gained 7.2lbs.. really trying to keep it at 25 lbs. First baby!

I've gained 8lbs on my weight I was at 6 weeks. But then due to sickness I lost 1 stone 7 stone lbs , so if u go from that weight I've gained 2 stone :( ! I'm all baby tho or so I hope and hoping it comes of easy becuz I'm alredi over weight from having my son x

I've gained 8lbs on my weight I was at 6 weeks. But then due to sickness I lost 1 stone 7 stone lbs , so if u go from that weight I've gained 2 stone :( ! I'm all baby tho or so I hope and hoping it comes of easy becuz I'm alredi over weight from having my son x

Bet you'll be skinnier post preg than pre preg. Xx

With my daughter I was on a no diet, no wheat, no soya, no egg restricted diet from the fertility clinic. I only gained 17lbs . It was torture being on a restricted diet.This time soon different! I was prob a bit heavier at the start of this pregnancy. I think 56kg(123lbs). I gained a stone in my first trimester this time. Iam blaming the steroids. My appetite was ferocious and I swelled up.i came off the steroids at 16 weeks but my appetite is still that of two men I would think!! I am currently 32+3 and my last weigh in was two weeks ago and I was 66.6kg (146.5lbs). So I have gained 23lbs. Have another weigh in on Tuesday. Appetite is going crazy again. I had three bars of chocolate yesterday! Oh well good job it will be spring and I can get pounding the streets after. Ideally i don't want to gain more than 30lbs but reckon I will as I can't stop eating!
Good luck with your pregnancies x

I've never really had to watch what I eat before, so when I got pregnant I thought it wouldn't be any different. WRONG!! And now I'm kicking myself for it, but being 35 weeks I'm soooooo close. Definitely if I have another baby, I'm monitoring every single thing. I'm just hoping I can shed all of it off after he's here!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->