Oh the weight gain!!

With this one I have been working my butt off to gain weight and I've gained almost 20lbs! I usually gain about 12 in 1st tri then very very little - with my first I gained only 15 total. I really want this guy to make it to term (37 weeks), so I'm hoping that a good solid weight gain will help. It's all I can do really! Normal gain is 25-40lbs, so I hope to make at least 25. :thumbup:

Also for you ladies who are very worried, most women I know had no real problems losing weight unless they had another underlying issue (thyroid, etc). My SIL gained 70lbs with hers (110lbs to 180) and had no problems losing afterwards.

The last time I checked I had gained 10lb that was at around week 36 I'm overdue now at 41 weeks plus.

I would guess around 14lb though!

i gained 33 pounds with my son 2 years ago then got back down to my pre preg weight got pregnant and this time iv already gained 31 pounds by 34 weeks. not real happy about that! not sure of the reason boy/girl more waters or just my weight :doh:

I'm a bigger lady (slightly over 200) and with my first baby I only gained maybe 15 lbs. I lost about 23 lbs when I had her. I was 6 lbs heavier this time around (at 5 weeks). I'm 15 weeks now and have only gained 2-3 lbs (it fluctuates depending on constipation).
I was very strict last pregnancy with food, did a low-glycemic diet and didnt get GD. I have had a harder time with this pregnancy because I've had severe nausea and heartburn, so I haven't started the low-glycemic stuff yet, but I plan to. I'm hoping to stick to the same weight gain as the previous pregnancy and I'm seriously determined to lose a good deal of weight after the baby comes. We want more babies and I cant continue to be this big.
I see skinny people gain a lot and gain a little. I see bigger girls gain hardly any and some gain more. everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. as long as you are being healthy and do things in moderation that's what is important.

I've gained 49lbs!!! Yikes! Have been eating terribly. Thankfully no GD. My section is scheduled for 2 weeks Monday, so I'm hoping I don't pack on even more in that time.
I gained 50lbs with my first, but I had polyhydramnios and she was 9lb2 born 10 days early! Weight came off no problems. In fact, just before getting pregnant this time, I weighed less than I had in 7 or 8 years!
(I should add, I'm just under 5ft8) x

Well, I don't have numbers. All I know is that I'm a healthy weight and the midwives aren't concerned about my weight gain.

I was about 15 lbs overweight when I got pregnant, and I have a history of eating disorders, so I've asked them not to tell me my weight. I also have had SPD since about week 15, and it's at the point where I can't do any exercise. I can tell that I've gained weight overall, not just in the bump. But I'll not worry about it until after the birth. :)

Ive put on 42lb maybe even more! I really struggle with my weight, normally i have to watch what i eat or i gain so quickly. I put on around the same with my LO but was then left with 24lb extra after he was born! Im going to really struggle to loose it once hes here but i have to as its making me so sad :( x

with my daughter i went from 170 to 218 and by the time she was 18 months i was around 150. This time I'm up to 180 at 21 weeks so it seems like I'm tracking the same way. It has been SO COLD this winter, though, so maybe once it starts warming up I won't be eating like a bear anymore and my weight gain will slow down? Wishful thinking?

I am 26 weeks and gained 20 lbs. Started at 120 lbs (5'4''). It feels like more then I should have gained since I ate like crap over the holidays.

With DS I started at 135 and gave birth well over 170. I really hope this does not happen this time. Since then I learned a lot about my emotional eating and cravings so that is helping, too. It's just that I am surrounded by all these skinny pregnant ladies and feel like a whale.

I have high hopes for weight loss after baby is here.

With my DS, I started at 161, and ended up over 200lbs. I put most of it on in the last few months though, and I actually lost almost 30lbs when he was born. I pigged out on ANYthing and EVERYthing during that pregnancy though. Due to a few injuries, surgeries, me being lazy, and poor eating habits, I was 198lbs just before I got pregnant. I was dieting, because I didn't think I'd get pregnant so quickly, and I lost 10lbs by the time I got my BFP. I immediately upped my calorie intake to 2000 cals a day, but I haven't gained any of that back yet. I attribute it to the fact that despite upping my cal intake, I was still making healthier choices. I'm hoping to keep my weight gain low with this pregnancy, if I can. This will be our last LO, and I have a lot of weight to loose once he or she is born!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->