"OIB"

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
Would you choose a name if the initials it made didn't look appealing?

We like Olivia and i'm contemplating Olivia Isabella...

But then the initials would be "OIB"

I know it could be worse - but it doesn't look very pretty!! :wacko:

Do you take the initials into consideration?

I would only take initials into consideration if it spelt something like ASS, PIG, LSD, etc.

How often do people really use their initials anyways, and what does it matter? Just don't get her backpack/lunchbags with her initials on them :p

ETA: I saw on another post you commented about not liking the first and middle names ending with the same sounds, but Olivia Isabella both end with -a sounds, not sure if that ruins it for you or not, but seemed worth pointing out. I personally think Olivia Isabelle flows much nicer

My sons initials are.. EEM, FEM, and CAM. I wouldn't worry too much abut initials to be honest.

By the way, Olivia and Isabella were 2 of my top girl names. I love them! :cloud9:

Our sons initals are BJH, honestly who really cares about them? Unless the spell something like ass/fu*/

I take them into consideration but I think OIB is fine! :)

I do. My babies was going to be FNAG but I didn't like the sound of it because it's like f-ing nag :dohh: I switched the middle names and now it's FANG :haha:

OIB sounds fine though.

OIB is fine, DD is LJAB which is a bit silly, but as long as its not rude or spells a word who cares!

I don't see a problem with OIB! My LO's initials are AED

My sons initials will either be KBC, KNC or AMC I don't think it matters unless it spelt something like ASS.

I don't take it into consideration. Rarely do I see initials that include the middle initial. I know when i am initialing documentation I use just my first and surname.

ETA: I saw on another post you commented about not liking the first and middle names ending with the same sounds, but Olivia Isabella both end with -a sounds, not sure if that ruins it for you or not, but seemed worth pointing out. I personally think Olivia Isabelle flows much nicer

I love girl names that are long, flowy, girly, pretty, princess-y, and that end in "a". Although, not all the names on my list are like this - but a good majority are. Like the name Kayliana! I heard it on here and fell in LOVE. But OH isn't quite so smitten with it!

I stay away from names that end in the same sound, not necessarily the same letter - if that makes sense. LOL. Like I considered Olivia Sophia but then decided against it bc of the double -ia.

I've just realised, we've changed one of the possible names slightly and the initials would be KOJC... Minus the J and, well... :haha:

Our girl would have the initials AMPP or AMP, I've looked at it and am gearing more towards AMP lol. Would have to give up my last name for that so I don't really know what to do, since the names are all family ones. However, I think OIB are fine!

I'd never do anything BJ, PIG, ASS

Offensive stuff,

Oib is totally fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4