Ok for baby to sleep in a bouncer?

Thedon

Reaction score
Lilly is 3 weeks old and we have her bed downstairs. When we go to sleep upstairs we used to just put her on her own little matress. We now just put her in the bouncer and that has been her bed for a few nights.
Is there any safety issues I should be aware if?

I wouldnt have said its ideal for her to be sleeping in her bouncer for whole nights, naps are ok as sometimes they just fall asleep but it is important for them to have a structured bed time so you can begin to establish a full nights sleep with no waking. We used to have a moses basket downstairs and crib upstairs so she could nap downstairs and go to bed upstairs without having to move the bed around x

I wouldn't think that it would hurt but I wouldn't let her sleep on it for hours. Maybe 1-2 hours tops. :shrug:

Yeah, Aiden has little naps in his bouncer during the day, 1 or 2 hours at the most but he goes in his crib at night. I guess it's the equivalent of us sleeping on the sofa? :shrug:

Yep, a nap would be OK, but I would think that a bouncer for longer sleeps wouldn't be very good for their backs? Just a guess. We're the same as Kayleigh, we had a moses downstairs and a crib upstairs - just recently we took the moses away and just let him nap upstairs too with the monitor on. At least now I can do my dishes without risking waking him up! LOL!

Yep, a nap would be OK, but I would think that a bouncer for longer sleeps wouldn't be very good for their backs? Just a guess. We're the same as Kayleigh, we had a moses downstairs and a crib upstairs - just recently we took the moses away and just let him nap upstairs too with the monitor on. At least now I can do my dishes without risking waking him up! LOL!

We were the same after a few months, we only really had her downstairs as she was low birth weight we felt anxious having her upstairs :)

Hello!
The safest place for your baby to sleep is in their crib. As Lilly is 3 weeks old, do you have a bassinet by chance? That way you can keep her close to you and she can still get a safe,restful sleep on her back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->