Ok girls need ya help!

CandyApple19

Pregnant with #3, PAL.
Reaction score
Right, so yesterday my OH gave in and said if i can find a good enough reason to, i can get a tandem buggy (you know the double buggies one ontop of the other).. When this LO is born my son will be 2 1/2 yrs old, and i'm not sure what his walking strengths will be, as in how far he will be able to walk for before he gets shattered, and i really couldn't deal with him kicking off and a pram, so i'd rather be able to plonk him in the pram if he gets tired, am i being lazy?...:wacko: So basically i need a good reason to (he's a tight arse) And if anybody knows of any that convert into a single buggy?HELLP.

What about a buggy board instead? xx

i had one there great but are really heavy specially if you have a two and a half year old! thats the only trouble with them will be the same if you get any double buggy one in front of the other, i aso used a buggy board which was brilliant x

heres a reason you cant hold onto your child and push a pushchair at the same time not properly anyway and they can easily run out into the road or run off and with a pushchair its much harder to just chase after them hes too young to walk long distances thier little legs tire quickly having to keep up with us and at his age hes likely to do a runner in shops aswell and again you cant hold onto him with a pushchair and you cant just leave the pushchair to go and get him those are the main reasons id say anyway x

i suggested a buggy board but im worried about when he gets sleepy tired =[ when we go out we tend to for hrs and i know he'll get worn out... i cba dealing with a tiny baby and a tired toddler =[

Baby Weavers Lynx Tandem Black- that looks reasonable, i mean if i could find it cheaper thatd be brilliant but it doesnt look too huge and bulky..looks like the back seat is designed for a toddler and says its suitable from birth?

i suggested a buggy board but im worried about when he gets sleepy tired =[ when we go out we tend to for hrs and i know he'll get worn out... i cba dealing with a tiny baby and a tired toddler =[

Then theres your reason chick, seems a good enough reason as any! xx

i knowww hes just such a bloody idiot and comes out with 'we'll pass that bridge when we get to it' and so on, alot of the time im honestly left unable to eat while we are out if oliver is being horrible, like christmas day he and his bro were sat there having a good yap and i had a whole christmas dinner infront of me going cold with no help at all from him and he was being as slow as possible, and wondered why i was being such a bitch? I dont think he realizes how hard it is.

tell him your the one that has to deal with the kids when you take them out and you need a pushchair for both of them end of! lol x

Then tell him that if you cant have the double, that you will be leaving BOTH children with him while you do the weekly shop, visiting friends etc instead. Bet he soon changes his mind :thumbup:

A lot of the phil and teds buggys can be used as a double and a single xx

Thankyou girls! I'll see if i can get it through his silly man like block head. He's always been a little bit stingy when it comes to buying things like this, it is after all a large buy, i would no way on earth get away with buying a new pram simply because i want one or i like the look of it, i HAVE to have a reason, like the other one is falling apart totally or what not..Ergh, kinda party poops it for me a bit, he even at one point tried to suggest i use ALL of Olivers old essentials, even though a lot of them are really worn and stained...=S.....I'll get rid of them so i dont have to (obviously give the usable ones away).

A phil and teds spung to mind as this is good as a double and single but they are expensive and for the amount of time you will need it it will be a waste. Maybe you could look into a quality used one? failing that i would just go with a cheapish tandem as you are probably only going to need it for 6 months to a year MAX.
My reason for talking hubby around would be the same as those suggested above if you really want one but i personally would just start training the little one up now to be able to walk futher and get a buggy board. You could even carry the baby in a sling and put the bigger one in the buggy if the older one gets tired whilst the little one still fits in a sling. Good luck with your decision and talking him around x

iCandy peach can be used as a single or a double, we have the candy cherry and love it will be reusing it when this one comes along as Wilson will be almost 4 but 2 off my close friends both got the peach and love it! Have you tried looking on pre-loved the website see if you can get one a bit cheaper? And you could always sell the additional "seat" when you convert it to a single? Xx

Oh and it's a double in the tandem style you wanted not side by side xx

i have an OBABY XI that is similer to phil and teds but half the price it is great as my 3 half year old walks but gets tierd after preschool so cana just jump in the bottom for a bit . tad heavly but then i did have a 3 and half and one year old in it lol

You could also look at the Baby Jogger Select, has multiple single and double combinations to choose from.

What about a 'sit and stand' ? Not really sure if thats so much what you are looking for, i have an older toddler and with this baby coming thats what we plan on buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->