ok here's my rant...............done with TCC for awhile

littlesara

Reaction score
ok,,,,,,,,,,,here it is: i'll just rant once and then take a break. basically, i'm posting today cause i'm so confused and done with it all (at least at the present moment) and need to get on with my day. I'm over 35 so this is the appropriate forum. i'm 5days late, if I had what i thought was my last AF. or.............I never had an AF and i just spotted (according to the doc, i'm not O'ing). so..........here i sit, spotting for several months. i haven't had a proper AF since aug!!! but yet, after walking several miles a day, i still continue to gain weight. all tests are BFN. i don't temp, cause i had a crazy schedule, but i was using OPK's for awhile, on the cheapies, i always got a positive, on the digital, never a smiley! so i don't know. i ordered some EPO, but can't take it till AF shows. i just finished first cycle of SOY, and nothing. i tried Provera back in Oct to induce AF, didn't work. But stopped my hot flashes instantly. i guess i am either peri-meno or have PCOS! i don't know anymore. i have one more Doc appt on the 31st to try to get some answers. at least test me for PCOS so i know what is going on. there is nothing more frustrating than trying to change your diet/exercise an tcc and still gain weight and get BFN's. :cry: so not only am i trying to TCC, but trying to regulate my hormones and still gain weight. i'm done.............i think i will just stalk for awhile. :cry:

Hi there just goings your symptoms have you had your thyroid tested? This can be a reason for irregular cycles , hot flushes and weight gain despite exercise and good diet. My mum has just been diagnosed with this x

:hugs: are bodies are so confusing and finding a good dr is hard. Good luck on the 31st hope you get some answers

I'd also second getting your thyroid function tested...

Hope you get some answers from your doc x

thank you all for your kind replies. very much appreciated. i had some lab work done a month ago, TSH (thyroid stimulatin hormone) level was at 1.8.............don't know if that is ok. ok, i just checked online: a normal working thyroid is between 0.0-3.0 and mine was registeringat 1.8. so that's not the problem. i will try and figure it out. thanks ladies:cry:

I would also suggest, if you do have pCOS, looking into metformin (which is what I took) in addition to being diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. Some other advice might be to try acupuncture (I hated the herbs, so didn't take past the first or second day) -- and I finally got lucky two years after a mc (and am hoping to meet baby in mid- to late-February (and I'm....44!), so it can happen; in fact, we were about to start IVF, so I very relaxed in June, and presto -- on countdown to baby....

please take care of yourself and to be honest, you're a young un!

best wishes

Little Sara,

I am on the same boat with the confusion.

I haven't had a proper AF for the last 6months either which is the first time in my life,which also concides with the time I TTC. I felt so prego and decided to wait before I tested but lost the symptom10 days later and test came BFN.
If you ask me right now, my body is acting so weird. I thought I was prego again few weeks ago for the second time but many Neg results and the symptom is also gone but wondered if I was going thru Pre-M. and chose to be in denial and TTC on my own. And now I think I am Prego again (what a roller coaster!) and am worrying for the Prilesoc I took because of the heartburn (I completly forgot I could be pregnant)

I now realize I need to go see a doc and get some tests done.

I wish you the best.

thank you all for your kind replies. very much appreciated. i had some lab work done a month ago, TSH (thyroid stimulatin hormone) level was at 1.8.............don't know if that is ok. ok, i just checked online: a normal working thyroid is between 0.0-3.0 and mine was registeringat 1.8. so that's not the problem.

TSH on its own is not a reliable indicator of Thyroid function. You also need to have your Free T3 and Free T4 levels checked.

As others have said, given the symptoms you've listed, I would strongly suggest you ask to have a full thyroid blood panel done.

thank you all for your kind replies. very much appreciated. i had some lab work done a month ago, TSH (thyroid stimulatin hormone) level was at 1.8.............don't know if that is ok. ok, i just checked online: a normal working thyroid is between 0.0-3.0 and mine was registeringat 1.8. so that's not the problem. i will try and figure it out. thanks ladies:cry:

Also get your B12 and Vitamin D tested, both mine are low. I am 37. I always have gotten BFP easy, not even TTC, and was on the pill! I have yearly labs, my thyroid is all normal, but this past Dec my B12 is at 200 (MD wants it at 900-1000) and I forget what the Vit d was but also low.
I had a twin ectopic last year, followed by a MC in June, since then not even close to a BFP, both thoses BFPs were at age 36. I have been taking 3500mcg of B12, a B complex everyday also a Vit D 50,000 IU one x a week. I can feel my body changing, literally, even my hair.
Both of those Vit deficiencies are causes for infertility and Mc, google it!

Its worth a blood test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->