Ok I admit it - I Googled!

raisin

Mom to 2 wonderful boys
Reaction score
I thought I got my first AF on Thursday following my mc on 14th July. A little soon though? It's only been 3 weeks. It started off with very light bleeding, no cramps or anything, and then just a bit of brown spotting, only when I wipe (sorry TMI).

I did a pregnancy test which came up negative and according the hospital that means that the mc should be done. So I had a look on Google and read that it could be something called "withdrawal bleeding". Does anyone know anything about this?

Or could it be my first AF? (Please please please)

Has anyone else had a really really light first AF after 3 weeks?

Sorry about your loss. :hugs:

I am currently on CD9, just got my first AF after m/c last week. It was very light, brown spotting with a lil red. It was almost 6 weeks after my miscarriage though. I am still spotting a small amount here and there. Wasnt sure it was AF, but my dr seems pretty sure it is.

Hope this is your first AF. I have heard that there has to be 20 days inbetween bleeding to be considered AF, so with it being 3 weeks it definetly could be.

:dust:

I would doubt it tbh. They say there needs to be at least 20 days of no bleeding before it can be counted as af.

I was told it can't arrive before 4 weeks after loss.

I ovulated 18 days after my first loss (I fell pregnant so not sure when period would have arrived) which would have probably given me a period 4 weeks 2 days after I started bleeding and that's quite early.

After losing Isabella I was still bleeding on and off for 3 weeks after so I would guess it's probably still to do with the miscarriage. That doesn't mean you can't ovulate. I ov'd 21 days after losing Isabella and was still bleeding at the time.

My af came 4 weeks after mc, started as brown spotting for one day then went onto bleeding, heavier than normal for me lasted 3 days and spotted again for one day - that's a normal af week for me - 4-5days.

I was shocked mine came early as read so many wait 6 weeks and longer, but I know my hcg went down very quickly and it works out that I had a 28 day cycle which is my normal cycle, just hope it stays at that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->