Ok, Let's See If I Have Better Luck With This One! LOL

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
It seems most of the baby boy names that I like (and that are popular & well liked in my area) - are considered "chavvy" by my fellow BnB'ers!

So, I have re-evaluated my list and did a little online research to come up with a new suggestion --

Julian Alexander

I think this name is a good, solid choice - a handsome name - that isn't "chavvy."

Thoughts? Opinions? Feedback?

My Dutch cousin named her little boy Julian, but pronounced whoo-lian in her accent. It isn't quite my style but I love the quirky charm of it, and it kind of sounds like a writer's name, which is a good thing! Think it'll probably be back in fashion soon as many older style names are coming back in. Alexander is lovely.

Julian is one of my favorites! :)

I really like Julian but my OH hates it so I can't use it :(

Absolutely love it! Julian is a fantastic name and I think it flows well with Alexander.

They go well together and make a good solid name, not sold on Julian but that's just a personal taste thing. I'd prob modify it slightly and go with Jude Alexander 😋 x

I love the name Julian, quirky but a strong, masculine name.

Love Julian. I know a great guy called Julian, he goes by Jules.

Yaayy! Glad ppl are liking it! I am usually drawn to cool & "trendy" names... which I am sure in 20 years will seem "dated." So I need to try to venture away from those type of names.

What I like about Julian is that it is a common, well-known name that has been around forever (I just searched back 150 years - and it's always been in the Top 400).... yet it's not super-popular. Other than John Lennon's son... Julian Lennon... I've never known anyone with this name, personally. I also prefer boy names that aren't unisex, wont be misspelled, and wont me mispronounced.

They go well together and make a good solid name, not sold on Julian but that's just a personal taste thing. I'd prob modify it slightly and go with Jude Alexander 😋 x

Exactly this. :thumbup:

Love it :). If we have another LO and its a boy he may well be named Julian (after my FIL) and he might have Alexander as one of his middle names (family name)! If we do have a Julian we'd call him Jude for short. I like the nicknames Jules too :)

I really like it, but do you know what? If you had other names in mind first that you preferred, don't just 'settle' for a name you don't like as much because of what people think on here! He's your child, and different names evoke different opinions in people for all sorts of reasons, personal taste, cultural differences etc. Yeah I'd find the name Tyler 'chavvy' for example, but others won't, and I know there are plenty of people who won't like my baby's names (Seth and Elsie)

Go with whatever name you love regardless what others think of it (unless it's something like Lucifer Fartface, then obviously that's a hell no!!)

I really like it, but do you know what? If you had other names in mind first that you preferred, don't just 'settle' for a name you don't like as much because of what people think on here! He's your child, and different names evoke different opinions in people for all sorts of reasons, personal taste, cultural differences etc. Yeah I'd find the name Tyler 'chavvy' for example, but others won't, and I know there are plenty of people who won't like my baby's names (Seth and Elsie)

Go with whatever name you love regardless what others think of it (unless it's something like Lucifer Fartface, then obviously that's a hell no!!)

^ very true, I think sometimes we get so hung up on other peoples opinions that we let it affect our name choices, and perhaps settle for something that is maybe 2nd or 3rd on our list because others have negative or unfavourable comments about our suggestions (I've been guilty of this). It is good to get feedback and bounce ideas around, as sometimes people may point out things that are not blindingly obvious to us, but ultimately we all have our own taste/style that are affected by nationality, culture, society etc etc, making us individuals, and passing on a little bit of our individuality onto our little ones through the name choices we make :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->