OK so this is getting stupid now

LankyDoodle

Reaction score
I had mirena coil out on 9th March. My period was due on 11th March. I had some spotting on 10th March and then along came my period (pains and all) on 11th March. It was heavy, just like my periods used to be. I'd had periods with the mirena anyway. It only works on making the lining of the womb thicker - doesn't stop ovulation.

So for 2 weeks, nothing. No pain, no signs or symptoms, nothing. Then I think I ovulated on CD15 owing to +ve OPK, EWCM, feeling hot and sweaty etc. We ONLY managed to BD on CD12 into CD13 due to different things.

So CD18 I start getting this nasty taste in my mouth, which I thought was due to some antibiotics I was taking. That night I felt nauseous and this continued until, well, now really, where I get short bursts either directly after eating or if I am hungry. From about CD20 onwards, I was getting a yellowy, jelly-like discharge, and on CD21 I had a small amount of browny red spotting. Then I just felt very wet from CD22-23. On CD24 (last Friday), my bbs started to hurt but not constantly and not necessarily to touch: it was more a case of short bursts of pain. I also noticed very visible, almost protruding blue veins around my aereolas. Later that day, I got more brown spotting, but it was a bit more and I got two or three lots of it this time. I started getting really bad cramps which continue now, moreso late at night when in bed. It feels like dragging and it comes in waves. CD25 and no bleeding, still a nasty taste on and off, still the bbs stuff, but just felt very wet - sometimes watery, sometimes a bit thicker, but had more of a white colour to it. On CD26, Sunday, I had about 5 minutes of very light period pain (I was due on on Weds this week so expected it but expected more). Other symptoms continued. CD27 and no period pain. CD28 no period pain. I'm thinking 'hello, is AF actually going to play ball this month?' I get to what should be CD1 and nothing. Just a few waves of period pain throughout the day, but not as bad as usual and don't last. What should have been CD2 (thursday) and I got pretty much nothing except one wave of light period pain. CD3 (today) is now actual CD31 of the last cycle and I still have no period. I have a quite watery, whiteish discharge and it feels like my period; I keep having to go and check in case it's blood, but it isn't. Last night, overnight, I had a small amount of blood in my pants, about the size of a 50p piece and looks like one of those scatter paintings rather than a neat blob of blood. I was looking to see if it was from a spot burst because it is quite high up!

So anyway, today I have slight period pain again. Or I should say I have HAD but not much tbh and I am just so frustrated. Will it or won't it come?! Grrr! I am still getting cramps across my lower tummy (not period cramps) at night, and the veins in my bbs are now so clear that my skin looks transparent, but then at times they will go down. Like I say, a very watery whiteish discharge. Still slight nausea. Slight headache left from yesterday. Antibiotics finished 8 days ago.

I should mention that I did tests on Sat, Sun and Mon with FMU and all were negative. On Weds (day period was due) I did a FRER, which was the last one I have left, in the late afternoon, and it came back negative.

The coil doesn't stop ovulation, just makes the womb lining thinner and causes a thick mucus plug to build up at the cervix. The fake hormone in that takes over your own progesterone, but as soon as it is removed, the body is quick to take over again. I always had my cycles on mirena (except early on when I had none) but they were lighter (owing to thinner womb lining of course).

Now I am confused.

Cookies and cream if you got this far!:happydance:

the symptoms all sound really good, could it be that you might have ovulated later than you thought you did and therefore it is still too early to test? xx

Thank you :) I could have ovulated later, but if I did then there is no way I could be pregnant as due to my stupid shifts, the only time we BDd between CD11 and CD18 was CD12. :( So I thought I was well out this month, hence the confusion.

I hate all this uncertainty of will it or won't it come! I suppose I could retest with FMU. Weds would have been 14dpo but tested in late afternoon.

its def best to test with fmu, especially if your not 100% sure when you ovulated as your less likely to get a false negative then, fx for you xx

Thank you :)

I'm thinking I could have OVd later than I think, as my period pain is definitely worse today. Comes in waves still, but it is worse. I'm thinking I could have AF either tomorrow or Sunday, maybe Monday, so anything upto CD34, maybe later, which would ring true seeing as I got a clearblue OPK +ve on CD21, 6 days after my +ve (or what I thought was a +ve) on SureSign.

I guess the only way to really play this is to keep BDing every other day throughout the cycle. I can't be doing with the maths and science of it all. It hurts my brain!

yeah it is all so confusing isnt it!! I thought it was meant to be easy to get pregnant! Seems it is more science than anything else!!! xx

LOL I know. I trained as a teacher, and a lot of the sex ed programme was telling kids that if they have sex EVER in their life, they will always get pregnant/make a girl pregnant. There are no ifs or buts, one moment of frivolity and they will have done it!

AS IF!

if only it was that simple....!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->