Ok so we havn't exactly been trying...

leopardprint

Reaction score
...to get pregnant, but here I am 7 days late for my period and feeling like I will be gutted (when I take a test tomorrow) if I'm not pregnant :wacko:

I'm only young so I know there's plenty of time to get pregnant and do the whole baby thing, I'm also terrified of what my family will do because I'm not married to my partner of 5 years.

I know this feels right for me and I know my partner will be over the moon if I'm pregnant, we are prepared to have a child, have the money and have disgussed it thoroughly.

I will be really upset if I'm not pregnant but at the same time I'll be glad I don't have to break the news to my family because I can actually see them disowning me.

I just need some advice really, is anyone in the same boat? I really don't want to upset my family but at the same time I want to do what's right for us and what we want.

xx:kiss:

Hi and welcome to bnb. Go with your heart. You and your oh have put a lot of thought into this by the sounds of it. Its great that your prepared. Im sure your family wont disown you, even if they dont like the idea of it they will come round, but you never know they may love the idea of you being pregnant and be really pleased for you. Hope you get the answer you want when you test.

Im not really in same boat as you, but your post contains possitives and negitives so just wanted to give you a reply :hugs:

It must be quite upsetting for you to think your family would disown you for getting pregant - if youve been with your man for 5 years and are financially stabel and have a roof over your head then i dont see what there problem could be?? :wacko:

I gave you all the luck i have for tomorrows test - quite good if your 7 days late! Have you had any other symtoms?? And if you do get your BFP then thats a goal achieved by you and your man... not your parents.

Let us know how things go :dust:

Thanks Shady and Kitjos

We've lived together for 3 1/2 of the 5 years we have been together, we have moved around a bit with my partner's job, now feels to us to be the right time though, we live in a 3 bedroom cottage, have a steady income and we can both drive and both have cars.

I have had a few other symptoms Kitjos, I've been a bit faint and anemic the last 2 weeks and have been feeling sick around 10.30am each day other than that I have no other symptoms, but I think the fact that I'm now 7 days late is quite a strong sign.

Hopefully I'll know for sure by tomorrow, I doubt I'll tell my family until I'm 3-4 months pregnant so they can't try and get me to do something I don't want to do.

xxx

Hey and welcome! :hugs: Im in a very similar situation! When i fell pregnant last time i was over the moon but OH freaked out a bit as i dont think he clicked on that he had to tell his mum We were going to wait untill 12 week scan but i unfortunatly miscarried! This time i dont think he is half as worried he would rather of had his family disown him than loose our baby. The more you over think it the worse you will wind yourself up about it. Im not very good at giving advice but just giving it from how it was for us! If you need to have some body to talk to feel free to pm me! xx

You need to do whats right with you and your man. You sound like youve both got your feet firmly settled on the ground which i think is the main goal for if your TTC or NTNP.

Your symptoms seem promicing, esp the 10.30 daily sickness but keep watch on the amemia - i had it few years back when i used to donate blood, and still suffer from low iron count. Maybe if you get your BFP it would be wise to tell your doctor or midwife it as you may need specific tablets like i had too.

Also prob a good idea not to tell your parents about possible baby untill later on in the pregnancy but this is your life so dont think you have to hide things to save face with your parents :kiss:

Thanks Zebbed89.

I think I just sometimes pannick that my parents are right and that they know best etc, I can't see them reacting well if I am pregnant.

Yep I'm going to wait for a few months to tell them Kitjos, I will have the support of my other half's parents, they are dying for grandchildren and will not think I'm too young seeing as though they had their first child when they were both only 17. xxx

You do just have to do what you think is best for you! I know thats easier said than done! Im sure they will come round to the idea even if its not at first.xx

I am totally overthinking things at the moment and really really need to take a test but can't because my car is in the garage and I can't get down to the shop until tonight or tomorrow, my stomach is now bloated and i have been for a pee like 8 times already today but I need to know for sure and know that its not just all in my head! I can't wait till my boyfriend gets in at 6pm, I'm so excited but now worried that I'm going to be wrong and its going to be a complete dissapointment! xx

Well your symptoms sound promising! I know the feeling of dissapointment im waiting for AF to arrive if she will i dont want to test to early and get my hopes up so want to wait! Fingers crossed the outcome is what you want! xx

Hey hun! I think its great that you and your OH seemed to have really talked about it and sound like you are ready! You also live together and have incomes which is a positive!
What makes you think you family will disown you?? I was worried what my parents would think (I had just turned 21 when I was pregnant) but was really surprised about how supportive and excited they were!
Really hope you get the result you want hun when you test tomorrow. Will be thinking of you! xx

Hey hun! I think its great that you and your OH seemed to have really talked about it and sound like you are ready! You also live together and have incomes which is a positive!
What makes you think you family will disown you?? I was worried what my parents would think (I had just turned 21 when I was pregnant) but was really surprised about how supportive and excited they were!
Really hope you get the result you want hun when you test tomorrow. Will be thinking of you! xx

Aw thanks, that sounds very similar to me, I'm 21 now. When my sister in law (ok that's what I call her technically we're not family yet) got pregnant and unfortunatly lost her baby she was 24 and my mum said that she was too young to have children anyway.

My mum was ashamed when I left home at 18, she was ashamed when me and my OH got engaged when I was 19 and I dissapointed her again when I got a tattoo 3 months ago.

My mum will be very upset if I announce I'm pregnant at 21, she went nuts when I got engaged so I'm not sure what she's going to do if I'm pregnant, she'll probably offer something very silly like she'll take the baby and look after it herself, thats her style of complete overreaction!

Back in February she tried to set me up with a lad who I hadn't seen since I was 5 because she felt we were better suited than me and my partner. I know she only wants the best for me but I don't think she realises that I will choose my own path and make my own mistakes, not everyone can be like her and get married at 27 and not have their first child until they are 29.

Anyway...mini rant over! :blush:

Ah that is ok you rant away! I think that if it is what you and your OH want then you shouldnt worry about what any one else thinks and just go for it!

I personally wanted children young and we are now trying for #2 then our little family will be complete!

Are you still planning on testing tomorrow? x

Ah that is ok you rant away! I think that if it is what you and your OH want then you shouldnt worry about what any one else thinks and just go for it!

I personally wanted children young and we are now trying for #2 then our little family will be complete!

Are you still planning on testing tomorrow? x

Hopefully I can bully my OH into taking me to tesco to get a test tonight, his pal is staying with us this week so it has made it awkward, plus we're being taken out on Saturday night so I really want to get a test before then so I know if I can have a wee drink or not.

I think my mum sees it like my life is over as soon as I have a child.

Aw I think I want 2 kids too, I would think we will seriously start trying if I'm not pregnant this time. xx:kiss:

How would your OHs parents be if you were?

We are very lucky as OHs parents live just around the corner from us so really help us! Like tonight they are having Bobby for the night so me and OH can go out :thumbup:

I want 2 Kiddies, OH wants 3. The only way I could be persuaded to try for 3 would be if I had another boy next, then I would try once more to see if we got a little girl!

Really hope you are pregnant this month if not it sounds like you both want a baby so go for it!!

Let me know if you test!!!!!!!!!! xx

Ahh im so sorry hunni!! :hugs:
At least you have now decided that you want to TTC!! How many days late is you AF? xxx

AF was 8 days late, arrived with a vengeance, really bad period pains, still havn't managed to get out of my dressing gown yet, I'm going to run a bath, I am absolutely gutted but I'm sure I'll be ok in a few days.

Thanks to all of you.

We're going to try again next month. xxxx

Ahh it is the worse feeling when you think you could possibly be pregnant the AF turns up!! You will feel better in a couple of days!!

Good luck for next month xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->