Okay, I need some guide..

future_numan

Mommy to 4 girls & 1 boy
Reaction score
My Pre-seed arrived in the mail today:happydance:
and now I am on the hunt for "soft cups".. I stalked another forum that said where I can buy them in my area..

I have never used either..and lately my cycles have been all over the place..I am going to assume because of stress..

I am currently on CD4 .. last month I only had a 25 day cycle.. the month before 31 !

So to be safe I am going to start OPK on CD10 or so..
Should I use the OPK in the am or pm..or several times a day ?

Now how do I used both pre-seed and the cups ??

I know I should "place" a small amount of pre-seed inside before BD.. but do I use the applicator they sent me to do this or use my finger?
When should I start using it ?

Also how do I used the soft cups ?
What is the best method ????
Should I used them from CD10 till after I think I OV ?

Someone advised me to lie on my tummy after BD because I do have a tilted uterus.. so I am going to try that too..

I used the softcups during my cycle when I had swimmies to hold in. So, after you dtd, put one in, and leave it till morning. I also put some preseed inside, using the applicator, but just a bit. It goes a long way! I also recommend after placing the soft cup inside, gently press the cup part up against the cervix. I used my OPK in the morning, same time everyday, until I started getting a faint line, then did one twice a day. My cycles were 31-32 days in length, so it was tricky to find the perfect time. Good luck!!

Do you think it helped you conceive ?
How long were you trying before you started using both items ?

I got pregnant the first time I used the softcup but and I tried this cycle but my cycle is off this month. I've never used pre-seed. Thinking about it though. If you are in the states I now CVS has them and the Softcup. If you are overseas the best way is Amazon from what the ladies overseas say. I tell everyone to practice when the get AF with the cup for insertion and removal. If not just practice before using one. We would BD too then put on in overnight. We also did it every night for four nights before OV. Good luck...

I am in Canada.. but I heard I can get " soft cups" in Shoppers Drug mart..
I will try there when to go to town tomorrow..

I am in Canada.. but I heard I can get " soft cups" in Shoppers Drug mart..
I will try there when to go to town tomorrow..
Yes I have heard Shoppers carries them too but I haven't checked. The brand name is Instead, if that will help you find them.

So to be safe I am going to start OPK on CD10 or so..
Should I use the OPK in the am or pm..or several times a day ?
I usually use the OPK around noon, the instructions say specifically not to use first morning urine. Whatever time you pick (I think I remember anywhere from 10am-8pm was good?) try to stick around the same time each day. Once a day is enough for most women to catch their surge but some may get a really brief surge in which case twice a day would be helpful. To save OPKs I would wait to test twice a day (if you are going to) until you notice your CM starting to change. I ordered internet cheapies to not feel I am ever wasting a test (they worked out to 50 cents each I think), but sometimes they are more ambiguous to read than the "happy face" type. The past few months I always got a positive, but this month I seem to have missed it (or misinterpreted it!) although my temps and my general sense of my body implies I have ovulated.

How can you tell you CM is changing ??
To me it always seems the same..plus with using pre-seed everytime we BD wouldn't that change the CM ?

You ladies are being very helpful..thank you ((HUGS))

Hello and Welcome! I would like to help you out with your questions.
1) You should use OPKs in the afternoon- NOT MORNING urine as it may not be accurate. I would test every day at 12pm and again at 5pm (Give or take 2 hours- but you want to test the same time every day--and record your results on a calendar). If you are not in a place where you can test your urine privately, you can store your urine for a few hours (in the fridge)- and still get the same result.
2) You can get cheap OPK strips online for 60 cents each. Check out early-pregnancytests.com & you'll find preseed, softcups, in addition to OPKs.
3) You can use Preseed however you like- you can dab some on your finger & use internally- and externally, or you can use the applicator (like someone said, a little goes a long way!!) so you only need about 1/2 of what the directions say. If you have enough CM of your own, you do not need the Preseed- as "natural" is better, and Preseed contains chemicals. You can also use egg whites (I have & love it- because it is natural) but many women prefer not to because it sounds strange? It's all about personal preference. If you want more info about egg whites, just send me a message & I can help you out.
4) Softcups (Instead): Insert softcup right after sex. You may want to "practice" before, so you get used to using them. They are easy- but take some getting used to. (They are also great for AF & can be washed in "gentle" soap & water & re-used if you like). I leave them in for 6-8 hours after sex, or overnight if you have sex before bed. If you know you can't have sex for a day & it is ovulation time, you can leave it in longer.
5) Ovulation: If you are not sure if/when you ovulate, I would start testing sooner than CD10- at least once a day. I am currently taking Clomid to help with ovulation & found out that I am ovulating late!!! A discovery made by OPKs!! So, I am a huge fan of them.
6) CM- Now that you are in the TTC club, you're going to start becoming VERY aware of your CM- texture, color, density, amount etc. This is a good thing! Check your cervix every day & you will start to notice the natural changes in your CM- it is a very cool process!
7) Whoever told ou to lie on your tummy after sex because of a tilted uterus is probably right- although- if you use the softcups, you will be "capturing" the sperm & keeping it close to where it needs to be. If you want to lie on your back/tummy/legs in the air after sex- all of those are ok!! If you relax for at least 30 minutes after sex, your chances are greater- as it keeps the stress low!! Make yourself comfortable.

**If you have any questions at all, please feel free to post your questions here & I'm sure you'll find support & answers! You can also post pictures of OPKs if you are unsure about the result.
Good luck sweetheart & again....welcome!!

Wow, thank you for all the great details..
I found " Instead" today so I am all set..
Funny thing is OH suddenly brought up the topic of "soft cups" today in the car because he heard someone talking about them on the "Howard Stern" show..of all places..
I haven't told him of my new TTC plan so it shocked me when he brought up that subject.. what fun that drive was trying to explain the use and purpose of "soft cups"..lol.
You should have seen the look on his face :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->