okay, this is really gross but help!

jessicatunnel

Reaction score
I think we have a tick infestation in our car!
Here's how they got in there in the first place: back in august I was in Texas visiting family because my husband was deployed. My dog stayed with my in-laws because they have a lot of land. He was with them for four months. The day I went to pick him up was the day I was leaving to go back to north Carolina because my husband was coming home. They told me he had ticks literally as I was putting him in the car and was about to leave. They never treated him any kind of medicine or repellent or whatever so I had no choice but to just deal with it and clean any ticks out and treat him when I got back to NC. Well we treated him and got him tick free and cleaned out the car. Over the months we've spotted a few ticks, maybe like four in seven months but never thought anything of it, just thought they were left over ticks. Then today I went to the park with my daughter and as I was putting her in I noticed a tick on the floorboard so I scraped it out with my shoe. Yuck. Then about an hour later me my husband and daughter were playing outside and I found a tick on my shirt! :sick:

Then later today we went into town and when we got home I noticed THREE ticks on the passenger side door! I flipped out (I HATE HATE HATE any kind of bug!) And my husband killed them all. I told him to check me and there was another one on my shirt! :sick: :sick: :sick: I freaked out again and pretty much stripped right there in my driveway! We checked the car and couldnt find anymore.

My dog doesn't have ANY at all anymore so my husband thinks they like bred in there and laid eggs.

We are thinking about getting one of those fogger (?) Bombs but is it safe to do in the car???? How long do we wait for Lilly to be able to go back in the car?
I refuse to get in the car again and refuse to put my daughter in there until this is sorted out.if we can't do the bomb, what else can we do??

Does anybody have any suggestions?

from what i can remember you are mean to leave the room for 8-12 hours so maybe an over night job?

i really dont know if you can use them in a car. i dont see why not except the fact it will get into the heating/air con system of the car.

you can always the flea/tick sprays - not sure if you hsve them there im in the UK.

its worth hoovering the car out first though to wake them up & get them to come to the surface. Try & hoover inbetween all the seats etc. (can you take the seats out?) ide wash all LOs seat cover too.

xx

Thing is if they are ANY left they will breed and multiply. Not to mention eggs that have been left to hatch.
Can you have it professionally done?

A fogger over night should work, put some tape over the vents to stop it getting into the aircon and to stop them escaping into there.
Take out anything fabric that can be washed especialy a childs car seat.
Leave it over night then the next morning open the windows for an hour or so then hoover the car out fully.
You may need to do this a second and third time about a week apart because some foggers dont kill eggs very well so it gets the econd generation once they hatch but before the lay new eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->