Old people and sports cars????

Scottish mum

Reaction score
This is just for a bit of fun!

I hate seeing old folks I'm talking 70+ with new sports cars its such a waste of money because they only drive the bloody thing 40mph on the motorway ahhhhhh. ( of course I'm jelious)

I know how ridiculous I sound as I know when you retire and you've worked hard all your life you can spend your money on what ever the hell you want!! But I just can't help myself!!

Saw a Audi in my local supermarket new model and a very elderly couple got out. I recon the cars sales men see them coming a mile off!! Money to spend and don't know how to spend it!!

I know this is naughty but what drives you nuts about the elderly?

I have to agree with you! I've been stuck behind an eldery couple driving a Honda Civic Type R at 30mph.....in a 70 zone.....I mean why? why bother buying that model if you are not going to drive it like it should be?

ETA: Old people using the self check out at the supermarket...then insisting on paying the £3.98 in small change rather than put in a fiver/four pound coins.

It really doesn't bother me. I think a lot of the elderly have worked their whole life and maybe get the car cause it is like a gift to themselves for years of hardwork. My dad lives in Florida he is 74 ( Old people capital :haha:) When he was here he was driving so slow, LOL.. There was a line of cars behind him and he looked at me and said why so many cars behind us :wacko: I said dad your going 40 miles per hour, he didn't even realize. My dad does splurge a little on himself, he has 3 pensions, social security and has worked his whole life so he deserves it. I figure I will have patience with him, cause one day I will be there too. It is annoying the driving, but I actually feel bad more than mad :flower:

old people driving mega slow on a speed limitless motorway with two lanes. bombing it along at 120mph then some oldie pulls out going 60mph arrrrrgggghjhh stay in the slow lane if you're going to be slow!

Yes it bloody annoys me too! I was on a skip road and there was an old woman infront of me driving 30 on a slip road to a motorway!!!! She almost caused an accident!! Ahhhhh

Old people driving slow irritates me but I'm glad they have nice cars. They've worked hard all their lives and deserve it. However, they need to keep in mind that those nice cars come equipped with a fucking gas pedal!!!!!!!

My dad drives the Mercedes E Class. He is nearly 70.......but he drives it like a BEAST! He decided to treat himself on the day it was released. He's own everything from a ferrari to porche to lambo in the last 15 years that he's been retired. I think he's AWESOME!

It's not the cars that bother me it's the SLOW DRIVING. GET A MOVE ON *HONK HONK*

I don't like slow drivers.

I completely get why elderly people want to treat themselves to a dream car when they're late in life and can afford it for the first time. I don't see how anyone could possibly begrudge them that or how it could annoy someone else!

Haha I know but it does! My ohs dads friend has just bought a new BMW it's nice but oh says the man refuses to drive over 50 on the bloody motor way ahhhhh what a waste old man!!

Why do old women all have the same hair do lol sorry I'm on a roll...... And I'm well aware this could be me in years to come but I refuse to have a pink candy floss set ahhhh!!

I'm totally going to be an irritating mauve-haired slow driver!

In fact, I'm already a slow driver! I always think "It's a speed LIMIT, not a target you have to hit." I guess other people's lives are just a lot more busy and important than mine... I like to enjoy the journey as much as get to the destination. :haha:

I actually prefer it when the elderly drive slowly...it means they have more time to react with their already slower reflexes! I have lost friends to older drivers who still think they can drive like teenagers, so I'd rather have them annoy me for a bit than see them crash into a motorcycle or pedestrian because they don't have the reflexes to stop in time :shrug:

as for their cars, I think it's awesome when they can afford a luxurious car after working for it! As long as it's a car that they can actually drive properly and safely I have no problem with it!

My dad is 65, he drives a Mercedes CLK Brabus. He's not a slow driver. It's my car but I don't drive anymore so gave it to my dad. He looks kind of cool when he drives it :haha:

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, people can drive what ever car they like if they can afford to regardless of their age.

Slow drivers annoy me especially when i'm in a rush but its not just the elderly who drive slow. Learner drivers are my exception.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, people can drive what ever car they like if they can afford to regardless of their age.

Slow drivers annoy me especially when i'm in a rush but its not just the elderly who drive slow. Learner drivers are my exception.

LOL, me too. I forgot about the new drivers :haha: OMG I get so mad that I end up laughing, they are all over the road and going 15 miles per hour with a brigade behind them, LOL .. How funny :)

Slow drivers absolutely irritate me because of the danger they cause, just super fast drivers and aggressive drivers cause dangers on the roads too.

I dont quite see the connection with old people in sports cars tbh as there are drivers of each genre in each age group with a whole manner of ddifferent cars

I'm totally going to be an irritating mauve-haired slow driver!

In fact, I'm already a slow driver! I always think "It's a speed LIMIT, not a target you have to hit." I guess other people's lives are just a lot more busy and important than mine... I like to enjoy the journey as much as get to the destination. :haha:

I don't drive fast either. I don't think I drive dangerously slow but I follow the speed limits, and am very careful.
Im just not a confident driver.

I don't really care what car anyone drives. I know nothing about cars anyway so wouldn't know a top of the range from a cheapo.

Yeah I don't think it is the car so much but rather the speed. I don't mind say 60 mile an hour on the motorway or what ever but the other day I was stuck behind an old man doing 25mph in a 70mph zone, that much under is really dangerous x

I'm not bothered what car they have as long as they're driving sensibly and not too fast OR too slow. If they have the disposable income to have a posh car then that's cool they've probably worked hard their life and why shouldn't they enjoy their retirement...

I do think elderly drivers should have to retake their test though... Some of them are so hazardous ...

I'll add onto my previous post.

I have no qualms about an elderly person buying a sports car, of course they have worked hard in their life and are allowed to spend their retirement buying/doing what they enjoy. I just find it ironic that they buy a sports car, purely built for speed and then drive it at 30mph. It always seems a waste to me (& I'll freely admit there's always a bit of jealously in there too!).

In my example, I mentioned the Honda Civic Type R. There isn't much spec difference between the Civic and the Type R, it's the engine that has been tuned. It has been designed to floor it, at 3k rpm a boost comes in, at 6k rpm another boost comes. It has not been designed as a 'tootling to the shops and back' car. Hence, why I find it such a shame that that car will barely go over 2.5k rpm.

& surely the bucket seats won't be comfortable for the older generation?

I don't mind elderly drivers driving slowly but it does bother me when anyone is far too hesitant. To be fair, I find the car in front driving slowly in the outside lane is more likely to be a young girl, seat so far forward her nose is pressed right up to the windscreen with absolutely no idea that she should be pulling in.

I hate bad driving generally, but to be fair, would you rather be in an accident with the 30 mph over cautious driver, or the arsehole 22 year old doing 100? Sure some need reminding there is a gas pedal, but more need reminding there's a brake.

As for the cars, I do look and think what a waste. But fair play to them. Rather that than the 50 year old balding man in the convertible, looking like Noddy :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->