Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

I have 7! I know, I'm crazy. It's just what I was meant to do. No pp af yet, the youngest is 14 months next week. I'm still nursing a lot at night. We are still trying to decide if we should have more. We both would love another child, but trying to figure out how that fits fairly into our already busy lives. That being said we are doing nothing to prevent it. I'm pretty good at reading my fertile signs so I guess we will come to some decision when I am fertile again.

@Heather - That sounds terrible for both of you. I hope you can get help at your upcoming appt.

@motherofboys - My first is a girl and then I had 4 boys! I love everything about having a Bunch of boys. They make me laugh all the time!

@lovn - I don't know if we will every really "try," I think it will be more ntnp until I decide to permanently not have more. My dh can also sense when I am fertile!

I think it's fabulous that you have a big family!! But I can only imagine how busy you must be!! Isn't that crazy how they can sense when we're fertile? It really says a lot of pheromones and whatnot!

I can't believe Haven will be 14 months already! :shock: Time has just flown by! How old is your oldest?

I think it's fabulous that you have a big family!! But I can only imagine how busy you must be!! Isn't that crazy how they can sense when we're fertile? It really says a lot of pheromones and whatnot!

I can't believe Haven will be 14 months already! :shock: Time has just flown by! How old is your oldest?

My dh acts like a caveman around that time :haha:

My oldest just turned 14, then they are 12, 9, 7, 5, 3 & 1. Girl, 4 boys, then 2 girls.
Haven't gotten spring pics yet, but here is their xmas one
rsz_2012509_eastmana_portraitsimple90_3248906.jpg

What a gorgeous group of kids you've got there!!! Love that you get pics done!!

:rofl: Mine acts that way too. It's too funny!

What a gorgeous group of kids you've got there!!! Love that you get pics done!!

:rofl: Mine acts that way too. It's too funny!

Thanks! We get them done 2x a year. I tell dh & the kids it's very important to me. The time goes so fast & I'll never get it back. I love looking back and seeing them grow & change. I look at it as a present for me since I am otherwise fairly low maintenance.
My avatar is my oldest & me. I was so excited that night when she wanted to take a selfie with me!

How old is everyone? I suspect I will be a "mature" one in the group, lol.
I'm 38 :jo:

That's a fantastic present and it's the least they can do. Looks like they all cooperate with it too [or at least it presents that way :haha:].

Haha I Love that old lady smilie! I'm soon to be 32!

I am only 27, 28 in July.
I love the picture with all the kids! I struggle to get everyone looking the same way at the same time LOL
I bet your DD was pleased to get a sister after 4 brothers! I am the eldest and had 2 brothers then found out when I was 18 that my dad (who I hadn't seen in years) had another son, so actually have 3 brothers. Boys are all I know.
I'm used to boys and happy with boys, they are so much fun and you do get to see such a difference in personality and family dynamics when you have a bunch of them, but it would be nice to have more choice in the clothes and toy stores and I know the boys would like a sister.
I'd love to keep going until I felt that we were done, rather than set a number. DH was quite certain that it would be just 1 more, then he said a couple more, but we need more space.

Hi ladies, can I join?

I'm 24 and have a 6m old DD, WTT for #2 next year but I miss TTC and charting and POAS. I think I must be nuts actually missing it because I drove myself nuts when we were trying for DD. Ideally we'd like 3 but I do worry that once we've had #3 I still won't feel like we're complete.

Luv, that is a gorgeous photo of your family! I love the idea of having regular photos but they're just so expensive around here, we'd have to travel a bit to get them for a decent price.

I am only 27, 28 in July.
I love the picture with all the kids! I struggle to get everyone looking the same way at the same time LOL
I bet your DD was pleased to get a sister after 4 brothers! I am the eldest and had 2 brothers then found out when I was 18 that my dad (who I hadn't seen in years) had another son, so actually have 3 brothers. Boys are all I know.
I'm used to boys and happy with boys, they are so much fun and you do get to see such a difference in personality and family dynamics when you have a bunch of them, but it would be nice to have more choice in the clothes and toy stores and I know the boys would like a sister.
I'd love to keep going until I felt that we were done, rather than set a number. DH was quite certain that it would be just 1 more, then he said a couple more, but we need more space.

There are soooo many more clothing options for girls it's insane - but I totally get how growing up around boys and having lots of boys, it would just feel natural! I bet if you end up having a girl it'll be a shock to the system :haha:

Hi ladies, can I join?

I'm 24 and have a 6m old DD, WTT for #2 next year but I miss TTC and charting and POAS. I think I must be nuts actually missing it because I drove myself nuts when we were trying for DD. Ideally we'd like 3 but I do worry that once we've had #3 I still won't feel like we're complete.

Luv, that is a gorgeous photo of your family! I love the idea of having regular photos but they're just so expensive around here, we'd have to travel a bit to get them for a decent price.

Of course! :friends: Welcome!

Isn't that funny how even though we drove ourselves nearly mad while TTC that we miss it?? :dohh: I can totally relate!

I absolutely love all the girly clothes and accessories, I don't think I'd know what to do to begin with if #2 is a boy. But then, I suppose I didn't really know what to do with a girl until DD was born. Lol.

I got AF back at 3.5m pp even though I was EBF at the time and she comes like clockwork every 27 days now. I've found myself keeping track of my CM this cycle and last cycle. It's like I just can't help myself. Lol. Funny thing is, I not ready to TTC again just yet. I still haven't got my libido back thanks to BFing. Really hope that returns before we want to start trying again!!

Yea, once you know your body and your cycles it's hard NOT to notice signs [ie fertile time vs not]... I bounce back and forth between being ready and not being ready... I think I "feel" ready when Sofia has a good day/week and then I'm like "I've gotta be nuts thinking I want another" when she has bad days/weeks :haha:
We get back to dtd 3 weeks PP [which looking back at now seems crazy haha]. I'm thankful that my libido returned fairly quickly as DH was so nice and understanding when I didn't want to dtd while pregnant.
I'm sure yours will return soon enough. That is crazy, though, that AF returned for you so quickly even though you're EBF! :dohh:

My dh acts like a caveman around that time :haha:

My oldest just turned 14, then they are 12, 9, 7, 5, 3 & 1. Girl, 4 boys, then 2 girls.
Haven't gotten spring pics yet, but here is their xmas one
View attachment 760645

Beautiful family!

Yea, once you know your body and your cycles it's hard NOT to notice signs [ie fertile time vs not]... I bounce back and forth between being ready and not being ready... I think I "feel" ready when Sofia has a good day/week and then I'm like "I've gotta be nuts thinking I want another" when she has bad days/weeks :haha:
We get back to dtd 3 weeks PP [which looking back at now seems crazy haha]. I'm thankful that my libido returned fairly quickly as DH was so nice and understanding when I didn't want to dtd while pregnant.
I'm sure yours will return soon enough. That is crazy, though, that AF returned for you so quickly even though you're EBF! :dohh:

My OH was a bit funny about dtd while pregnant anyway so my lack of libido didn't cause too much upset there. Now he's getting a bit antsy that it still hasn't returned.

I know, I was so hoping if have longer without AF. My health visitor put it down to DD sttn at 11wks. Not that it lasted that long but apparently a couple of weeks of sttn are enough to bring it back.

The main reason I'm not quite ready for #2 is me wanting to enjoy DD a bit more before I have to split my attention. I'm not ready for her not to be the baby. Lol

I have enough trouble putting together girly outfits for myself! I'm a jeans and hoodie kind of girl and my hair goes back in a pony tail every day because little man grabs at it, but before that it was left down every day. I am so not girly.
I do have days when I think I must be insane lol

My hair is in a ponytail every day now to try and stop DD pulling at it. But before having her, I'd leave it down, not doing much to it. Occasionally straightening it. I'm not exactly a girly girl, I love my jeans and a baggy top. I don't do figure hugging or pastel colours. :haha:

I absolutely love all the jeggings and tees we've got for DD. She wears pink, but not often. This is her outfit she's in today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 6
I have such little patience when it comes to things like eyebrow plucking and hair straightening etc
I always swore if I had a girl she wouldn't wear pink. Not sure if is stuck to that now, just because of the novelty of buying pink but I know it's unlikely to happen anyway and I'm happy to have all boys

I'm hoping I may be going to get af this month. Yesterday I was very bloated, cramps and increased discharge so fingers crossed I was O-ing. We will just have to wait and see.
I think that's the worst part of waiting is not knowing how long the wait will be.

Hi all, can I join? I am 28 and have two little girls. I stopped pumping as of today so hoping my pp af returns soon but dh says we have to wait until the end of the year to try! Dang, I've been trying to convince him we should just get this all over and done with instead of me going back to work in January after 3 years off just to stop again a few months later but he says no. Boooo :(

This will likely be our last and I would love to have 3 little girls, but would find it amazing to parent a little boy too so this time I really dont mind what we get!

motherofboys - hope AF finally comes around [funny to say we actually want it :haha:]

Steph - Welcome! :hi: Yea that would be a tad frustrating, to go back to work just to get pregnant again! I envy that you've had 3 years off work though. I only got 11 weeks :nope: Hope dh gets on board sooner than next year! :thumbup:

~~~~~~~

How was everyone's weekend?

My weekend was busy! As always. The good news is I finally found someone to be my house helper/child helper. With summer coming I am going to need it. I feel like all I do is laundry and cleaning and laundry and dishes and laundry and more cleaning. And did I mention laundry? I am sooo looking forward to having so help with all of that. She starts in 2 weeks!

I attempted night weaning my youngest. That did not go well at all. She cried from 3:30 am to 5:30, and I had to be up at 6:30 to get kids ready for school. It breaks my heart to do it to her, but she nurses ALL NIGHT LONG. And it wouldn't be so bad except she also bites, scratches me, sticks her hands up my shirt & down my pants, plays with my belly button... I haven't slept more than 2 straight hours in forever and I am exhausted. I just kept rubbing and cuddling her and telling her I was still with her. Poor baby. Anyway I think it will be 3 to 5 nights of this :wacko:. I should be in great shape by the end of the week! :coffee:

Hope everyone is is doing well!

I'm excited for the few of you who might have o'd recently. I can't wait to see you hpt's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->