'Old Wives Tales' and Myths....

KarenLV

Reaction score
My husband is Asian and I am Caucasian (otherwise known as a white chick:rofl:) anyways,my husband's family has all these old wives tales,superstitions and myths that they follow with babies. His family comes here with lotions that you rub on feet and reflux 'disappears' apparently (NOT!). They tell me not to eat any dark coloured food as it will darken his skin. (Huh?!).I have also been told to cut his eyelashes as it will grow longer and thicker (I doubt that!). So many things and they cannot understand why I am not following any of their 'advice'. I have told them I am not superstitious at all and believe in facts and science that has been proven. One of my Asian friends actually did cut her little boy's eyelashes and now they have grown back but they do look somewhat shorter:dohh:Everybody treats me as if I am this rebel mother! Am I the only one with these 'issues'?

I'm sure you are not. I'm asian (mail order bride, hahaha) and my husband is caucasian. Obviously there are cultural differences, and the superstitions we were told about from DHs side of the family was not to cut his hair before he is a year old and also not to bring his pram into the house before birth - but we just do as WE see fit.

We DO love our families very much, but when it come to parenting, we just make our own choices!

I think you will always get that to some degree irrespective of parents origins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->