Oliver James-Unexpected early arrival 16.10.09

jem_5500

Reaction score
Goodness well, after all the issues we have had Oliver James arrived at 12:34pm on 16th October weighing 7lb 1oz at 36+1.

I had been readmitted to hospital on Thursday due to another bleed and saw the doc on Firday am at about 10am. She said they wanted to leave baby as long as poss and were keeping me in to be observed but were goign to keep us going as long as we could especially as I was 36 weeks,

At 11am I was put on the monitor, next thing I know 2 people come in and put my stuff on the bed and say I am going ot the delivery suite to be monitored. Phoned my husband said not to worry but could he make his way in!

Arrived in delivery suite and coul dnot believe how many people wer ein the room I was wondering what was going on,m they were then stripping me down telling me baby was being born now and I was having emergnacy c section.

I went into meltdown and couldnt work out what they were gdoing I just let them do what they needed in prepping me, All i remember saying is my husband needs to be here and if he parks in Tesco I will kill him!

SInged the consent paying no attention to what I was tol dto here consultant saying get her in theatre now!

next hting i know i am prepped numbed with epi and at 12:34 our gorgeous little boy entered the worl screaming!

They couldnt find any reason for his distress and said he was fine. When I got back to the room he was then have a respiratory rate of 100 so he was taken from me-I was lost I didnt know he was coming I then had him for 10 minutes and he was was gone again taken to SCBU. we were wanred he couo dbe dripped with antibiotics and look bad with all his leeds on. I sent my DH with him and sat in the room unsure what to do!

Amazingly my mum had come to the hospital to see me on instinct so ws pretty shocked to lern he was here but I was so relieved to see her!

We got Oliver back a few hours later and we came home Monday after they were pleased with his BMs. He is feeding so well and although a little jaundiced ( he is currently in the window) and sudden entrance mummy and baby and daddy slowly settling down, hoping for a slightly more sedate few weeks.

I will update with a picci soon but little man is now stirring wanting to be fed...again :D Thank yo for all your support over the past few weeks with all our trips to the hospital you have been fab x

wow that must've been so scary! glad you're both doing ok though. congratulations!

That must of been terrifing. Glad to hear you are all doing better now. Congrats!

Wow ... what a story hunni!

Im so glad that everything turned out ok, and lil Oliver James arrived safe and sound.

Phew, that Tom was able to get to you in time too!

Sounds like you are all settling in at home too which is great!

Saw your pics on FB .... he is so cute and gorgeous!

Big :hugs: to you, Tom and Oliver xxxxx

p.s. posting you something this weekend!

Sorry you had such a worrying time sweetie but congratulations on the safe arrival of your little man :hugs:

Congratulations, i went thru a similar experience with my youngest at 34 weeks, well done its all over now enjoy yout little man x

Wow! What an ordeal!! Glad everything turned out ok!!

Congratulations!

congrats! Sounds like it was all a bit scary and fast! Glad you are all well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->