Ollie's journey into being a fluffy-bummed babba!

JellyBeann

Son, Daughter, 2 Angels
Reaction score
From the moment I discovered I was pregnant I wanted to use cloth nappies...but for some reason I have forgotten now, we just used disposables, but now,I am ready to make the switch into cloth nappies! I have read the review thread and am now researching all the different kinds! Me and the hubby are a bit short on cash right now, so we're waiting for finances to sort themselves out before I get them, which gives me loads of time to decide on which ones we're going for!

I have decided which ones I like the look of the most and sound the best, and am just about to find them on the review thread and read properly, but I have narrowed them down to these:

Little Lamb
Mothercare Smart Nappy
Lollipop Rainbow Pocket Nappy
Gro-Baby System
Rumparooz

Not sure on:
Bambino Mio

Anyone have any nightmare stories on the aforementioned nappies, please tell me lol, or any wonder stories too!

I have decided which ones I like the look of the most and sound the best, and am just about to find them on the review thread and read properly, but I have narrowed them down to these:

Little Lamb
Mothercare Smart Nappy
Lollipop Rainbow Pocket Nappy
Gro-Baby System
Rumparooz

Not sure on:
Bambino Mio

Anyone have any nightmare stories on the aforementioned nappies, please tell me lol, or any wonder stories too!

Little Lamb - absorabnt and no leaks but not for me, too bulky.
Mothercare smart Nappy & bambino Mio's (they're the same really) - they're ok, bit too much faff involved in folding and need changing to frequently for my personal likeing. I think they are a good 'home' nappy though.

Lollipop- never personally tried

Gro Baby - Nice slim nappy, quick drying. Not massively absorbant but I do like. Quite smiliar to the Itti Bitti if I had to choose between the two for absorbancy I think I would choose Itti's

Rumparooz - not tried.

HTH's

I got a trial pack of the mothercare smart nappy and did like it but with them being sized it would have worked out quite expensive to switch. I got flips instead which are the same idea but are birth to potty and I love them - worth a look esp as they are on offer at the min at most places for real nappy week. I have 7 outer and 20 inners and they last us 3/4 days using daytime only.

I agree with Boltonlass. We used Smart Nappies when Leyla was born and they were very good, but as she got older and started weeing more they needed to be changed every 2 hours, which was annoying. Flips are pretty much the same thing, except they're birth-to-potty so not as expensive in the long run, they have poppers to fasten (so don't stick to everything in the wash!), I find them a lot more absorbant and you can get different colours. You have more choice of insert - the washable ones are either a stay dry one which you don't need to fold or anything or an organic cotton one which you fold like you do with smart nappies, and disposable inserts. The pads are wider than the Smart Nappy ones but not as thick so I think they give a trimmer fit.

Hey guys, I have just decided to order the BumGenius nappies! We're a bit short on cash this week, but as soon as pay day arrives I'm gonner order them! YAYYY!

Ollie will finally be a fluffy bummed babba!!

And I get £60 back from the council too...so that's good!

bumgenius are our staple nappy, they are reliable and they dry super quick

personally not a fan of the little lambs because the whole thing gets wet and irritated LOs skin, and they are really bulky

havent tried any of the others except the bambino mio, we have one and its fine, doesnt last as long as the BGs but its a back up nappy, i would use that before the little lamb though

i really like the blueberry minky, it is pricey but well worth it, it is my quickest drying nappy, the most comfortable, softest and although it isnt slim, it fits under his clothes fine, i cant wait till payday to get some more! :)

We use and love the flips, they are just fabulous. Can't talk highly enough about them! Even husband loves them.

Awesome, I can safely say I'm going to be going waaay overboard with nappies, I'll probs be buying the odd one like crazy once I'vwe started!! x

Slight change of plan...I am going to make my own!! Or at least try to...I have my pattern drawn up, and tomorrow I am going to go and buy the fabric and have a go! Soo...tomorrow with a bit of luck...Ollie will have his very first cloth nappy!

good luck with making Ollies first cloth nappy! I wish I had the skills to make my own.

Thanks kiwimama...I've been out and bought the stuff today, but just got in and am going to MILs tonight for dinner, so going to start them tomorrow first thing...as soon as they are done, I shall post pics! x

https://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae93/glkphotography/04082010025.jpg

https://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae93/glkphotography/04082010024.jpg

There's the nappy guys!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back