Omega 3/6/9 Supplements & BO?

Orglethorp

Reaction score
My grandmother insisted that I add an Omega 3/6/9 supplement to my morning routine along with the maternity vitamin, even though the one I take already has a fair amount of DHA. I decided to humour her, bought a bottle from a brand I usually trust, and have been taking it. I noticed right away I could taste it whenever I burped for about 3 hours after taking it every morning, but I didn't mind that so much. Now it's been about 3 weeks on the stuff, and my skin smells awful. Noone else has commented, but I can't stand keeping my hands near my face, and no amount of washing gets rid of it. My PJs are picking up the same smell. Anyone else had this experience?

Maybe try a different brand, some of them are smellier than others. I take krill oil and I've never had that problem. I've taken it in the past as well and it was fine. But some of the fish oil ones do have more flavour and are a bit more smelly.

I agree, consider a different brand. I love Nordic Naturals DHA with omega 3's. It comes unflavored, lemon, and strawberry. Never had the burping or the smell. Additionally, if you keep your fish oils in the freezer you can bypass any bad taste and the fishy after burps.

Oo, can't say I've ever had a problem with Omega 3. I've taken gel capsules for years as joint issues run in my family! I certainly couldn't take the liquid though, my grandma used to spoon it down me as a kid and it was vile!

I'll look and see if I can find the Nordic brand. I've been using Nature's Bounty. They're gel caps and they don't have a taste going down, but they sure do after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->