• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Omg!!!! Advice please!!

GemM83

Reaction score
My LO is a week and a half old, and for the last couple of days she's been doing 3oz every 2-2 and a half hours.

Today she had 3oz at 4 another 3oz at 6 and had another 2oz at 7.30

She is now SCREAMING her head off for more at 8.30. I can't believe she is still hungry!!!

Should I give in and just give her another 3, up the measurements for a larger bottle or maybe opt for the hungry baby formula?

Has anyone else had to deal with this? My OH is really stubborn and doesn't want to get into demand feeding whenever she wants it, but I am at the end of my rope. The second she starts screaming it just makes me want to break down.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Feed her if that's what she wants. Your OH can't expect a week old baby to learn to wait between feeds. Also don't get too caught up in how many bottles you give, how much is in them and what time you give them. It's really just easier to go with the flow at the moment. She'll naturally learn to have larger amounts less often as time goes on.

What do you mean your husband doesn't want to get into demand feeding? You have a newborn they don't follow a schedule, if baby is draining the bottles increase the amount ( you should always have a little at the bottom left), don't stress over how many bottles baby has they will be going through growth spurts etc.

Your babies behaviour is 100% normal and everyone has gone through this

Thanks guys! It's like banging my head up against the wall with OH!

I've just read your posts out aloud to him though and he's gone quiet!!

I'd never give hungry baby formula.

This is very normal for her age, her tummy is teeny tiny. It's not going to last forever but for the moment feed on demand and when she's hungry.

Tell your OH he's not getting dinner tomorrow night to see how if feels to skip a meal! :haha:

Does your LO have a dummy? At that age my LO wanted to suck without really feeding so the dummy helped. Of course when he was hungry though, I'd feed him.

Absolutely normal at that age I remember thinking my baby must have hollow legs cos I couldn't figure out where it was all going :D I read it's a natural instinct because BF babies at this age would be helping mum to increase supply by nursing more regularly.

Be prepared for 3 weeks when there's a growth spurt, my LO had about 37 oz over a 24hr period then slept a lot the next day.

My ds was doing doing a lot of that too once he started getting formula. We just fed on demand and he settled into a routine on his own. I would also suggest a dummy, the first night we used one with ds was amazing. He finally stopped crying because he just wanted to suck, but wasn't all that hungry.

And those growth spurts will be killer. Ds can easily consume 1.5-2 times his normal volume for those couple of days and then sleep away the next day. It is just all part of their natural cycles.

I fed on demand for the first 2 months, if she was crying and rooting. If she was just crying without rooting I didn't feed her. You will know your babies commands and they go through growth spurts that they will want to eat ALL THE TIME lol!! We had one at 5 weeks that I was like will she ever get full?? Keep trusting mommy instincts, that's why we have them :D

You guys are fab! We've been giving her what she wants, when she wants it in the evenings and she has been brilliant the last couple of nights 😁

Thanks for all your advice 😊😘

We fed on demand too,my boy was a prem baby so felt like we ere feeding constantly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->