OMG Facepalm... MIL.

Celesse

Reaction score
Woke up to this as MIL's facebook status:

well my friends and family i am a happy bunny as i have been given great news i am going to have a new grandchild next summer .... we over the moon as daughter-in-law had miscariage a few months ago ....... happy happy no 6 xx
:dohh::dohh::dohh:

As yet we haven't announced publicly. I had plans to have a blog post up over the weekend, though not linked to my own facebook. If you've followed my other posts you will know this isn't a straight forward pregnancy, I've lost a twin and this could still interfere with my viable baby. Although I have blogged about my miscarriage as well I'm not sure how many of her f/b friends are my readers. So essentially my plans to write about this was to help other people through similar and to not keep quiet about loss.

I'm not quite sure how she thinks its appropriate to announce to her friends before we announce to ours, or the rest of my family. :dohh:

With my first we had this problem. Lol MIL went totally overboard.

It's not right of them to do this, but I also think they are so excited that they can't keep it in and don't have grandma forum boards. ;) maybe BNB can't start one. Hahahaha

I made OH eat a sandwich and calm down before calling his mother. He is now being very calm in expressing his dislike.

I would agree myself. This time people guessed I was pregnant and then we confirmed since we know they would have just assumed I am and then spread the news. With my first scan I had a bit of a hiccup and am waiting for my next scan I actually regret telling them so soon. I just wish family would sometimes back off and let us be. It's our life and our bodies. We have the right to have the first "say". Iykwim

Oh my word!!!!!!! I would be going mad!!!!!

Hugs!

Oh my gosh how innapropriate! She of all ppl should never publicly announce a pregnancy if you are not ready (and ive followed your threads i know you are no where newr there as yet) and mentionng the mc too!

i would include this verbatim in the blog post tbh.

Woke up to this as MIL's facebook status:

well my friends and family i am a happy bunny as i have been given great news i am going to have a new grandchild next summer .... we over the moon as daughter-in-law had miscariage a few months ago ....... happy happy no 6 xx
:dohh::dohh::dohh:

As yet we haven't announced publicly. I had plans to have a blog post up over the weekend, though not linked to my own facebook. If you've followed my other posts you will know this isn't a straight forward pregnancy, I've lost a twin and this could still interfere with my viable baby. Although I have blogged about my miscarriage as well I'm not sure how many of her f/b friends are my readers. So essentially my plans to write about this was to help other people through similar and to not keep quiet about loss.

I'm not quite sure how she thinks its appropriate to announce to her friends before we announce to ours, or the rest of my family. :dohh:

She's deleted the status after OH talked to her. I really don't think she got why she was wrong though. OH was very calm and I think we avoided a family argument over it. Maybe as punishment we won't tell her the gender when we find out. Mwhahahahaha!

God that would make me so mad!! You should definitely keep the gender from her!! When I was preg with our dd we refused to tell anyone the names we had lined up and it drove her absolutely crazy not knowing!! Is it bad that I enjoyed that a smidgen?!! :)

Facebook is the devil sometimes, I really hate it!!

I'm glad she's removed the status as it was completely inappropriate, we're not telling my MIL yet as when we told her about Tessa she insulted me, couldn't believe it was true then cried for a week. She also sent us this really long e.mail detailing how things will go terribly wrong for us from here on out, lol!!

She was depressed but really :dohh:

But last night, we had to ring a friend and get them to delete her comments from one of my links cause she was pressing so hard on the baby number two subject, just takes the fun out of it a bit doesn't it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->