OMG help water broke VBAC

It's YOUR birth and YOUR baby you can do whatever you want to do. You can ask to be actively managed and monitored. Intervention often leads to more intervention, but it's entirely up to you what you want to do, not the doctors :)

https://midwifethinking.com/2010/09/10/pre-labour-rupture-of-membranes-impatience-and-risk/

"Summary

The notion that the baby is at an increased risk of infection following pre-labour rupture of membranes is not supported by research evidence. However, there is a slightly increased chance of a uterine infection for the mother. Giving antibiotics in labour ‘just in case’ is not supported by current evidence, and may cause problems for baby and mother. Women need adequate information on which to base their decisions regarding the management, or not, of this situation. Women who choose to wait for labour should be supported and to do so. Babies should not be removed from their mothers following birth on a ‘just in case’ basis."

How are you doing? I read an article, the other day, by a midwife who said that even 20 years ago, if a mother called in to say her water broke, they would tell her she had 72 hours before they'd like to check her out. She talked about how the medical system keeps forcing the time down, though there's no real evidence to show a need. I'm going to try and look for the link, but hopefully that puts you at ease for now! xx

Midwife told me that she'd check tomorrow morning-my deadline-to see if both membranes broke Nd if not break it manually. She also mentioned pitocin which i want to avoid like the devil.

Trying to relax right now and do nipple stimulation acupressure points and walking. Nothing working so far

thanx ladies uv been amazing help
its been a full 24 hours now , im still leaking very slowly (not continuously)
and i just woke up from intense contractions about 90 minutes ago
they are around 3 -4 andsometimes 7-8 mins apart and 40 sec long...i cant stand them sleeping so im sitting down like i would on a birthing ball.
any suggestions????

contractions are fading away again :( this is just frustrating .
its been 27 hours since i started to leak .
i hate this

Try not to think about it. Carry on as normal. You'll know when it's the real deal!

I would inform your mw at your appointment that your waters have broken.... And tell your husband so he's Atleast got some time to prepare himself

I would definitely go to doctor. You can get an infection. You don't have to automatically be induced, but they should look at you.....

well, i went off to the hospital and the dr checked me i was just 1 cm and 40% effaced gave me a sweep and tried to break my waters but the head was pushing making no space and then gave me pitocin AND 2 injections that help soften the cervix and left alone for 8 hours and nothing not even a cm more 😞 so off to theatre for c section . First ... I was knocked out with dd 1's c section .Well it was amazing ... I was awake the whole time and had skin to skin snd my husband by my side super supportive my baby out of my tummy and thoroughly checked and handed to me i was high with the overwhelming love i felt for her the minute i heard her cry .

yeyyy congratulations hun! :hugs: Im glad you had a better section experience this time too hun! xx

So happy to hear you had a better experience and all is well!! Xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->