OMG! I think my husband has the flu!

ParisJeTadore

Mum to my beautiful kids!
Reaction score
OK guys, talk me down! I'm kind of freaking out right now because I think my husband has the flu. This afternoon out of the blue he suddenly wasn't feeling well, got very achy, tired and unwell. I was concerned but because he had no fever thought he was ok. Fast forward to tonight: he's got a fever and feeling awful. I'm scared!

I didn't get a flu shot and I am terrified of getting the flu. I always hear how serious it is in pregnant women. Also I had a flu strain in my first pregnancy and I haven't been that sick since high school. It was scary and I was unable to get out of bed for a few days. What should I do??

I would say, keep your distance from hubby as much as you can. Make sure you wash your hands, take your vitamins and maybe take some extra vitamin C in case. Nothing much else you can do. Good luck to you!

If you really think your husband has the flu, it might be worth a call to your doctor. In some cases, it is appropriate to take an antiviral (like Tamiflu) prophylactically, or to have the prescription on hand in case you do get sick.

Otherwise, keep your distance from the husband, and try to get lots of rest and fluids.

I had flu myself when I was about 10 weeks pregnant, it was extra horrible as you can't take much for it but baby was fine and there were no complications. I'd try to stay away from your oh so you don't get it but if your otherwise healthy I really wouldn't panic. It's very common to get things like flu as your body is busy working on making baby and not fighting off other things

Thanks ladies! I am already suppose to see my dr tomorrow morning so I will ask him what course of action is best. For now, Lysol everything, wash hands lots and I think I will take my kids to my parents place. Oh how fun!:dohh:

My husband had the flu two weeks ago. I didn't catch it :)

Smileyfaces, that's encouraging news! Here's hoping!

Both my girls and my husband have just got over flu. I never caught it. Hope you don't catch it either

I've just got out of hospital with flu (it went into pneumonia hence the hospital) they only concern with flu they told me is the high temps to baby. Mine hit 40 and they said all should be fine as they caught it early and brought it down. I have a scan tomorrow to double check all is well too as had lots of meds. I hope you don't catch it as it's the most Ill I've ever felt it's awful xx

Put a drop of thieves oil on the bottoms of your feet before putting socks on :)

He might have your morning sickness :haha:

Put a drop of thieves oil on the bottoms of your feet before putting socks on :)

He might have your morning sickness :haha:

Lol, I wish!

Unfortunately now both my kids are sick and I am feeling particularly doomed! I took refuge at my parents place until dh was better only to have both kids burning up by the time we got home :dohh: I am positively dreading tomorrow (and tonight overnight if I want to be honest!). I think all help may be lost at this point :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->