OMG!!! Morning after pill failed!!!

Jaybean

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Has been a long while since I have been on here and wasn't planning on a return to first trimester forum anytime soon! But yesterday, I took a test and had a BFP!!!! 😱😱😱

That little blue cross was a huge shock as I have a 14 year old and a 10 month old, and was not planning any more for a while!!

My partner and I have only dtd once since my youngest arrived as I didn't have a period for 7 months due to breastfeeding, then only two since then. I was waiting patiently for the next to restart my pill!!
But on my birthday after a night of romance, we dtd and I went and got the morning after pill.
Fast forward a month, and I am thinking it's weird that mother nature hasn't shown her face as been nearly 7 weeks since she last visited. Thought maybe I should go docs, but knew the first thing they would ask is am I pregnant. So grabbed a test whilst shopping yesterday afternoon and casualy took it when I got home thinking thats it wasn't even a possibility!!!..... HOW WRONG WAS I!!!!!!

So after much conversation with the OH last night, we have decided we are happy and everything happens for a reason!! But I am now a little worried that the morning after pill my have harmed my baby. I can't find anything that says it will have.
Has anyone else had this happen to them? And can maybe provide a little reassurance??

Thank you in advance ladies!! Xxx

Sorry I can't offer any reassurance but am in the same position myself. From everything I have read though the MAP shouldn't have any effect whatsoever.
I am planning on seeing my gp this week so will see what they have to say.

Me too! Will let you know what he says.
Do you have any idea how far along you are? How are you feeling about it? Xx

I was 9 weeks yesterday. Sometimes I feel happy about it sometimes just plain scared lol This will be number 5 for us and we wasn't planning on anymore, hence using the MAP. I was adamant that lo was our last so it still seems a lot to get our heads around :)

Wouldn't have done anything to harm baby, since technically you weren't even pregnant yet (if you know what I mean lol) anyways congrats!!

Thank you newmommy21! 😊

I know what you mean mum22ttc#3!!! I feel like I'm on a roller coaster with my feelings! This will be my 3rd- my other 2 are 14 years old and 10 months (both boys) and I wasn't planning on any more anytime soon, if ever!! But I am happy and deep down hoping for a girl although sure it will be a boy! But petrified at the same time! My youngest will only be 18 monthswhen newest edition arrives! 😱 I'm almost 7 weeks.
How old are yours? 💚

This happened to me 4 years ago and I now have the healthiest happiest little boy I know. He was born 2 weeks overdue and has had absolutely no health/developmental issues. He's perfect :)

I remember being worried too but Its basically just a high dosage of the pill and therefore won't cause any harm.

Congrats and everything happens for a reason. I thank god every day the pill didn't work!

Thank you newmommy21! 😊

I know what you mean mum22ttc#3!!! I feel like I'm on a roller coaster with my feelings! This will be my 3rd- my other 2 are 14 years old and 10 months (both boys) and I wasn't planning on any more anytime soon, if ever!! But I am happy and deep down hoping for a girl although sure it will be a boy! But petrified at the same time! My youngest will only be 18 monthswhen newest edition arrives! 😱 I'm almost 7 weeks.
How old are yours? 💚

They're 12, 7, 5 and nearly 2, I have all girls :) I thought I would want a boy as I did when pregnant with my youngest but am actually hoping at the moment that it will be another little girl.

I'm currently pregnant with twins after failed MOP babies are fine. Congratulations xx

The morning after pill has no impact on already established pregnancies. It delays ovulation so if you have already ovulated then it doesn't usually work. There will be no harm done. It also only has an 85% success rate at preventing pregnancy so approximately 1 in 6 will still occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->