OMG OMG - OH Announces HE's READY!!!!!

C

cazd

Yesterday I had 15 months to wait... and now I've got just 3 !!!!
Out of the blue while we were walking our dog this evening - my OH came out with it - he's ready!!!

He's been saying for so long that he wants to wait 'till Jan 2010....
But... He went to a family funeral last week and it must've brought it home to him... He doesn't want to wait another year!

OK - so the prompt for this change of heart is awful but I'm soooo happy!

We're going to take 3 months to prepare - and give our baby the best possible start!
No alcohol for either of us (it takes 3 months for sperm to be made)
I'm going to get in shape - lose that half stone - and strengthen my core muscles for baby carrying.

OMG I'm soooo excited!
I can't stop crying!

I won't be back online tonight but I just had to tell someone!

Now I've got the dilemma - do I tell my mum, friends and relatives... or do I keep it quiet - 'cos I've only got one ovary and I'm 30 - it could take us a year to conceive... and I don't want to get all depressed when it doesn't happen straight away but people keep asking about it...
Oh I don't know.

Well tonight - I've opened a bottle of rose and I'm going to celebrate!

Happy Xmas everyone - from one very very very happy mum-to-be!!!!!

XXX MWAH xxxx

That's awesome news. I am so happy for you.

Congratulations! I would keep it quiet if I were you - there's less pressure on you that way. I take my hat off to you for deciding to spend 3 months preparing - I would be so excited at OH agreeing I'd want to start straight away! But it sounds like you're being very sensible about it. Really happy for you - good luck!

Congratulations :happydance:

I would keep it quiet because you don't want people to ask you every month whether you've conceived or not, it might make you upset if it's taking awhile and people are constantly asking if you are expecting yet. Good luck with everything :)

WOW congrats, thats so exciting, i would also keep it quiet, i like the idea of only me and OH secretly trying :) Hope you get a speedy BFP

Excellent news :) Really really pleased for you. You can tell how happy you are from your post. I hope your stay in TTC when you move over isn't too long xxx

Woohoo! *hugs* I'm with the keep quiet crowd - less pressure for you two.

Thanks guys!
I'm off to boots today to buy some pregnacare and a thermometer.
Reckon I should start charting so we know exactly when to start trying.

I'm bursting to tell my mum - she'd be over the moon but I think it'd just be soul destroying to talk about it....only to be perpetually disappointed when we start to try.

Do you know... I thought I'd be desperate to start trying right now.
But with having a baby becoming a reality... and spending the whole night awake...
Its rather daunting!
We've got so much to do that I'm not sure we can fit it all into 3 months.

I've heard a lot of people say the more relaxed you are the sooner it'll happen.So try and relax and enjoy the whole TTC experience hon!I bet you'll be dead excited buying your pregnacare vitamins though (I would be) Congrats again x

Congrats, fab news honeybunch. Hope you dont have to TTC for too long xxxx

Over the moon for you! good luck TTCing! :happydance:

With regard to telling the family, this is only me own personal but i wouldnt. Like you say, they will be constantly asking you for updates and ect.. even if they completly don't mean to, they will be putting an extra layer of pressure on you.

Whatever you decide, i hope your not ttc for very long :hug:

woohoo congratulations!! i would also keep it quiet. i know what you mean about the thought of it being daunting even though its what you want the most! i still find it daunting that i am pregnant and when you get that BFP you probably will have every emotion possible (I know i did) good luck :D

Congratulations! That is fabulous news! I personally would keep it quiet and enjoy the trying process for a few months before you start charting and all that...just "be". The less stress you put on yourself and your husband, the better. Just take your vitamins and get to the bd'ing!!! LOL :D

Congrats!!
Like most others I would keep it quiet too!! It'll be an awesome surprise for family and friend when you get BFP!!!
Enjoy buying your vitamins and good luck :happydance:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"