OMG OMG - OH Announces HE's READY!!!!!

What an exciting time. Great news. I'm with the keep it quiet bunch, you always have us to talk to while you are ttc. Enjoy the next three months with just the two of you cos when you become three its permenant.

Heya everyone!
Thanks for the advice. Not one person said to shout it from the rooftops.
So... I'll keep it quiet.

We had a celebratory protection-free romp on Saturday so now I'm convinced I'm pregnant. (like I am every other damn month!) But this time there's a chance...
oooh - exciting.
but then we've only just given up alcohol so it'd be a shame to know so much about pre-conception nutrition without actually putting it into practice.

I bought a pack of pregnacare and some omega 3.
Oh... and 3 more books on making babies!!

Did you know....
Even if you get your timings just right and have sex just before you ovulate... you've only got a 1 in 4 chance of getting pregnant.

And... only 20 percent of smokers give up when they find out they're pregnant !
Shocking huh?

I am the worlds biggest organiser and list-maker. I can't help myself!
I've made a list of 71 things to do in the house.
And... I've started charting but I just missed this months pre-ovulation clues.

I don't know about you other marrieds but these books say a healthy sex-life is 1 or more times a week.
I'm lucky if we manage 1 or more a month!
So... I've got to keep a record - 'cos if we leave it to chance it'll never happen!
(The books say to do it every other day in the week leading up to ovulation)

Sorry... I'm rambling. My heads full of baby-making facts!

Thanks again for all your support.
(I might be sneaking off to boots for some clearblue in a couple of weeks!)

xxxxx

Lol, you are so much like me!

I am also planning to lose a bit of weight and get a slightly stronger core for being pregnant/labour. Also currently trying to include more fruit and veg in my diet. I work shifts, which can make having normal meals difficult and does encourage a lot of unhealthy snacking.

We are planning to start trying at the start of February, don't think we are going to get much of a chance to in January because my mother is staying with us. I have just bought a sneaky baby book of amazon, although this one is more to do with how to be a good parent. That is something that really worries me, I hope it is something that is going to come naturally but like the idea of preparing myself as much as possible.

We are not planning to tell everyone when we start trying, I have said to my mum that we are going to start thinking seriously about having one next year. I know the OH parents are going to be delighted.

I had better go now, we are planning to hit the sales early this morning and then OH is hassling me.

Emily xx

Ha - the thought of 'doing it' with mum in the house!

We went into Boots in Maidstone today and shock horror....
There's Pre-Conception Pregnacare!!!
Dammit.. I bought a pack of 30 normal pregnacares for £5 but the pre-conception ones were £10.
But it doesn't matter......they're on 3 for 2.
But do I get 1 pack of pre-conception and 2 packs of 'normal' - 'cos hey... I might just be preggo - and more 1 box would be a waste...
I spent ages debating this in the aisle and in the end Andy literally dragged me out of the shop!

And... saw our friend at the Smart car dealership - she's 6 months pregnant and positively glowing. (and now has MASSIVE baps!)
She's just bought a pushchair for £600 - I had no idea they cost so much...

P.S. Invested in 2x 3kg hand weights so I can 'do' Davina tomorrow!

Emily - let me know if you learn any interesting facts about good parenting?

I have scanned my eye down the pregnancy vitamins isle but not invested in any as of yet. I am not that much of a believer in vitamins on the whole because if you have a good diet you shouldn't need to take them, but I might make a special exception during pregnancy - just in case I am missing something.

We went to Bluewater today and I was desperate to leave the other half to his bloke shopping (trying to find a steal at zavvi) and sneak to mothercare and have a look around.

Am I the only one that spends all day nesting? Even though it is unlikely we are going to have a baby in this house I can't help getting random things done around the house. I am currently in the process of sanding some scruffy furniture with the idea to varnish it at a later date.

A push chair for £600! Sod that for a laugh! I am lucky as there has been a small baby boom in my family so I am planning to get several hand-me-downs. So far the baby boom has only produced daughters so if I have a son we might have a little problem.

Emily xx

We do have a relatively healthy diet but I'm vegeterian so just need to be sure that I don't miss out on iron or omega3.. I'm about to renew my weekly Riverford deliveries so should that should take care of things.

Actually... I haven't ever been into Mothercare but we might go to Bluewater tomorrow...
We're off to Ikea too - I think it'll be the first time that we ever stop in the kids section!

I'm absolutely the same a you - my To Do list is now up to 84
Thankfully the 'nursery' doesn't need any work - but it does have one pink wall that I might paint yellow or green...

Oh - and... I don't think I can wait 'till May to TTC. (Aprils out 'cos I don't want an Xmas baby).

Would it be so bad to just start trying now?
I've stopped drinking alcohol and coffee and my OH is on restricted intake.
We eat a relatively healthy diet....
Oh its sooo close. I thought I'd be OK 'till May but I want to be pregnant NOW! GRRRRRR

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->