Omg-Peaches Geldof is dead!! :-(

She made us believe she was this loving mother, devoted to the welfare of her boys, writing for mother baby magazines yet she took heroin while caring for a baby... :(

We dont know if it was whilst looking after her boys. It could of been a few days before.

Regardless, dont get angry at her she was trying to hard to create that life. The people we need to get angry at are the ones who surrounded her, waiting for another vulnerable moment and then pounced upon that moment and made the drugs cycle start again. These people would of mae her think that they were her friends but they were anything but her friends. And now they will of already moved on to the next person :nope: THEY deserve our anger x

I can't help but be angry at her.. She had the best chance to get clean, she saw what it did to her mum and knew the pain of growing up without a mother yet she chose to still take drugs ... Now her poor babies have to grow up without a mum... I feel for her family left behind, especially her boys... Remember she chose to take the drugs... She had a choice

I know about addiction I've seen it, I lived with an addict and understand how hard it is to get off them but if you really want to you can, especially when you've babies

That's my thinking. She wasn't forced to take it.

I don't know how old the paper at work I was reading today was, but (and bearing in mind it was the daily fail) the headline was "searching for peaches killer". No one killed her. Yes someone supplied her with the drugs but she would have picked up the phone to contact someone that she knew could supply her with it.

I still stand by the fact that it is an awful loss, but it could have been avoided. That started with herself. You can't put blame on anyone else for that :nope:

I was shocked when I read that her death was drug-related. her poor family, it's so tragic :( all I can think about is what kind of place I would have to be in in my own head to take heroin while looking after my child, I don't feel anger towards her - just compassion. she was obviously so troubled :(

Heroin overdose :nope:

Seems to be that she was on methadone for two years and relapsed, her poor husband sounds like he was trying to help her.
Its so so awful for those babies, i just keep thinking of them.

So very sad and I can't begin to understand it. But it was so clear she loved those boys and it's brutally sad that the drugs won in the end.

Also read that her youngest could have been alone with her body for up to 15hours. Poor child. :cry:

I feel a little duped by this, she brought attachment parenting into my knowledge and I read up all about it and imagined her doing it. Now it seems she was on methadone for 2 years, which is all of Astala's life with her. I wonder can you even BF on methadone? It's just so sad she must have done amazingly well to get off heroin and into methadone I just wish she could have been able to stay that way. Her poor husband does sound like he was desperately trying to help. There's no way she would have intended to die. But to willingly take heroin in such amounts when she was alone with her baby is just shocking :(

I've just that you can breastfeed on methadone - only a trace amount gets into breastmilk.

I find the whole story so incredibly sad, and think it really indicates you just don't know what goes on behind closed doors :(

I feel a little duped by this, she brought attachment parenting into my knowledge and I read up all about it and imagined her doing it. Now it seems she was on methadone for 2 years, which is all of Astala's life with her. I wonder can you even BF on methadone? It's just so sad she must have done amazingly well to get off heroin and into methadone I just wish she could have been able to stay that way. Her poor husband does sound like he was desperately trying to help. There's no way she would have intended to die. But to willingly take heroin in such amounts when she was alone with her baby is just shocking :(

You can BF on methadone. And AP doesn't necessarily mean you need to BF.

She did so well to last 2 years on Methadone. Her constant struggle must have been beyond imaginable.

I doubt she willingly took it, I know physically did but I think until you've felt addiction in yourself you can't begin to understand. To have one part of yourself rationally telling you not to. Giving you every reason not to. Writing up a con list as long as your arm. But have this other voice niggling at you until it is louder than your rational voice. To still be trying to talk yourself out of it while you watch your hands do exactly what you are trying to telling them not to. It goes WAY beyond anything imaginable. I can't even comprehend the pull that heroin must have.

I don't mean to sound patronizing or to pick up on your post, it just pulls up 2 of the main points that I keep seeing repeated.

You can BF on methadone. And AP doesn't necessarily mean you need to BF.

She did so well to last 2 years on Methadone. Her constant struggle must have been beyond imaginable.

I doubt she willingly took it, I know physically did but I think until you've felt addiction in yourself you can't begin to understand. To have one part of yourself rationally telling you not to. Giving you every reason not to. Writing up a con list as long as your arm. But have this other voice niggling at you until it is louder than your rational voice. To still be trying to talk yourself out of it while you watch your hands do exactly what you are trying to telling them not to. It goes WAY beyond anything imaginable. I can't even comprehend the pull that heroin must have.

I don't mean to sound patronizing or to pick up on your post, it just pulls up 2 of the main points that I keep seeing repeated.

It was a genuine question whether her or not you could BF on methadone so thanks for answering it!

I'm sorry I can't agree with the other bit. Not all of what you said, but the 'I doubt she willingly took it'. Yes she did, she took it. It's incredibly sad and she was an addict and of course you don't think rationally when you're addicted to a substance. But she still took it. So patronise away, I still don't agree!

From what I also understand is that her body was quite accustomed to heroin she needed to take it in high doses. I really wish other didn't end that way for her family. Her poor husband and boys

It's just so sad and when will the cycle end? Her own mum died of a heroin overdose didn't she? Tbh part of me is glad her boys won't remember how troubled she was and hopefully will have more of 'normal' life

She could have had it all :nope:

And with the amount they found, I'm sorry shoot me down but she intended to take it. You don't purchase £550 worth of drugs with the intention of just leaving them lying around.

It's a terrible terrible loss and I can't even begin to imagine the pain her husband is going through, but I've said it before it could have been avoided, regardless of if she meant to kill her self or not, she still made that call :nope:

And to take it when you're alone with your child who you know is dependant on you. I don't even have any words for that part of the equation :nope:

I find the whole thing very sad. I didn't know of her to be honest, until she died. :(

I do think though that its the addiction to be blamed, not the person. I don't think any person when even trying Heroin for the first time is hoping to become completely addicted then overdose on it. :(

I've been thinking of her a lot, a friend of mine just had a friend of his pass on from a cocaine overdose. I didn't know her, but its totally messed up my friend (he's no innocent party though) and it really just makes me wonder about it all.

I don't do drugs, of any sort. I personally cannot fathom playing with a 'loaded weapon' like that. But I don't think it should diminish what she was trying to accomplish. Feel duped by the addiction, not the person? Take what I say with a grain of salt though, I am by no means very up to speed on what she was doing with her life before she passed on. :flower:

I find the whole thing very sad. I didn't know of her to be honest, until she died. :(

I do think though that its the addiction to be blamed, not the person. I don't think any person when even trying Heroin for the first time is hoping to become completely addicted then overdose on it. :(

I've been thinking of her a lot, a friend of mine just had a friend of his pass on from a cocaine overdose. I didn't know her, but its totally messed up my friend (he's no innocent party though) and it really just makes me wonder about it all.

I don't do drugs, of any sort. I personally cannot fathom playing with a 'loaded weapon' like that. But I don't think it should diminish what she was trying to accomplish. Feel duped by the addiction, not the person? Take what I say with a grain of salt though, I am by no means very up to speed on what she was doing with her life before she passed on. :flower:

Yes that's a good way of putting it. Argh it's so sad imagine how wonderful their life could have been if only it wasn't for drugs x

Yes that's a good way of putting it. Argh it's so sad imagine how wonderful their life could have been if only it wasn't for drugs x

Sorry, wasn't meaning to single you out with my post. :flower: But I can appreciate what you're feeling too, if that makes sense.

It seems like why on earth would you play with fire like that? Knowing full just how devastating it can be on your life. At times I think though that we have this "invincible" mentality - that it'd never happen to us. :(

I feel for her children, and while they're young enough to not remember is great.... but we've got the Internet and they'll be able to do a quick google search on their mom and have all these awful articles pull up. :cry: I hope they think of potentially doing counseling with them when they are older. :(

Thank you, this is really eloquently worded, you did a much better job than I did but to an extent I don't agree. I don't disrespect your feelings on the matter though.

Addiction is an illness I know that, be it alcohol, gambling, cigarettes, drugs, chocolate, whatever. I honestly believe that addiction can only be controlled by the person experiencing it.

For me, just the amount that was found screams to me, intention not addiction. I think she was just really unfortunate to have been supplied with such a pure content of the drug. Would the outcome have been different had she have been given the standard 26% or something purity that's claimed as being standard for street drugs? We'll never know. On the other hand if she had of received the lower purity of drug, would she have been silently using now?

Obviously those are questions that will now never be answered, but given that her mum went the same way, and how open she was with her feelings on that, for me it's disappointing that she's put her boys though the same thing:nope:

Oh for sure! I definitely don't think everyone is going to agree with me. :flower: Its a tough situation for sure. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->