omg, the doctor actually laughed at me!

Hun :hugs: Don't feel down, it isn't worth it, I had a seriously bad case of thrush and went to the doctors for treatment and he tried to turn me away saying he thought I had an STD when I knew damn well I hadn't. I am usually a shy person with professionals but I was suprised at myself when I stood my ground and said I wasn't leaving without something to relieve my symptoms, and after sitting in his office stubborn as a mule I got some tablets which cleared it all up!

She shouldn't have laughed, some people can be so insensative, and doctors are human and do and can get things wrong. I would go back, either to another doctor or to her and state ouright that you want the bloods done and as a doctor is it their job and your right. Luckily I have found a GP in my surgery who is fantastic at her job, she got my mum a hysterectomy after years of suffering so I always book in to see her.

You could always pop into a GUM clinic for the STD tests. :hugs:

Gosh that's so rude! There's this one doctor at my clinic that I always feel uncomfortable going to and when I call for an appointment I will ask to have anyone but him because he just sits there and does this weird little smile and a giggle that's as if he is saying, 'don't be stupid, your just a child' It's very patronising and very rude. Whenever I have mentioned about TTC to him he scoffs and says 'Are you sure your ready?' Excuuuse me? Since when did I need my doctor to tell me when I am ready for a child? Pffft.

So yes I know exactly how you feel! Go see another doctor, go and see loads of different ones infact until you find one you like and then stick with them. You have a right to find a good doctor you feel comfortable with:)

/end rant

I'm so sorry you had to experience that - I consider it extremely unprofessional. Unfortunately some doctors are like that, others just have 'off' days when they aren't being as sensitive to their patients feelings as they might.

As someone with a family history that causes you concern you have absolutely every right to consult your doctor and expect them to take you seriously and give you coherent and measured medical advice about the likelihood that you will face the same medical situation as your mother and nan.

I would urge you not to let this doctor undermine your faith in medical professionals as it could prevent you going to see them when you really need to, which would be a terrible shame. Go see another doctor, if it will help maybe take your OH or a friend that you trust (this often makes doctors behave much more sensitively as they are unconciously aware that their behaviour is being judged and witnessed by another) and make sure that you get the answers and reassurance you are looking for. Keep trying doctors until you find one who treats you properly and stick with them.

As the daughter of a doctor, and someone with some unusual medical conditions in my family (which some doctors have insisted I wont get because they are very rare, despite them being genetically inherited) I can really empathise with what you have just gone through, but I can assure you there are some really great doctors out there who will listen to your concerns properly.

Gosh that's so rude! There's this one doctor at my clinic that I always feel uncomfortable going to and when I call for an appointment I will ask to have anyone but him because he just sits there and does this weird little smile and a giggle that's as if he is saying, 'don't be stupid, your just a child' It's very patronising and very rude. Whenever I have mentioned about TTC to him he scoffs and says 'Are you sure your ready?' Excuuuse me? Since when did I need my doctor to tell me when I am ready for a child? Pffft.

So yes I know exactly how you feel! Go see another doctor, go and see loads of different ones infact until you find one you like and then stick with them. You have a right to find a good doctor you feel comfortable with:)

/end rant

Couldn't agree more!!!

Aww hun what a bad experience :(
I hate the doctors and nothing bad has ever happened to me. I would report her for refusing to test you when you asked! At the end of the day we have the right to ask for anything we want and when it's a simple test like that, i can't believe she refused you!
Listening to this has made me mad you shouldn't have had to put up with that. Don't loose faith though, i hope ttc goes perfect for you :)

i have been to the doctors and some just fob u off and act like ur thoughts dont matters, i agree with the other poster i would report her and see if there is another doctor at ur pratice u can see x

omg your doctor sounds horried, she should keep her own views to herself. You have a reason for worrying and this should have been looked in to. Also as to the STI/D tests you have the right to have these checks no matter what so make sure you get these done it is your right hun. Dont let anyone put you down its your life and at the end of the day your decision when it comes to your own body and choices. I hope this does not put you off your plans for the future you sound very sensible to me

What a rude horrible cow!!
Sorry you had to experience that hun :( xx

:hugs: so sorry to hear of your terrible experience, i agree with what the other girls have said, complain and find another doctor, you certainly shouldn't have to put up with that :hugs: x

um tears and everything aside, that is horrifying, no one should be refused an std test, especially someone in your situation where you are likely to have caught something due to your ex!
not to scare you but please get to a GUM clinic and make sure you report this woman, its not just her being rude or a b*tch shes actually putting peoples lives in danger im stunned!

Sorry your Dr was an old witch. If you're in the UK... if you want to get tested for STDs, just take your self to your local GUM clinic and they will test you for everything. Never go to your GP for that sort of thing, they really aren't trained in it like the GUM Drs/Nurses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->