• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Omg the pain! What is it!

sg0720

Mom of 3
Reaction score
So I can barely open my legs (like to crawl over hubby in bed) and night when I need to roll to my side I can and it hurts sooooooo bad especially my right side it's like my pelvic groin area is it because of where his head is? I feel like it gets real stiff or soemthing idk but it's painful and very sore

It might be from babys position. Is it like this when you walk also? I wonder could it be pelvic girdle pain? Am just guessing now could be all off, might be worth mentioning to your doctor if it persists.

Yes at time especially if I'm sitting for a while and get up it hurts bad like something stuck there and takes a minute before I can get straight doesn't feel very good and I keep hearing pelvic girdle but what is that exactly?

Sounds like pelvic girdle pain. I had this for weeks at a clip. It hurt to open my legs, get in the car, roll over in bed. .basically anything to do with leg movement. I hope yours goes away soon!! Try some stretches or light yoga, I found that to help somewhat.

Defo sounds like SPD? I lived on my birth ball lol. Also silky pjs or nighty and silky bed linen were a huge help as its easier to roll in bed etc. Xx

I have spd and it sounds just like that. It hurts to roll over in bed and after sitting in certain positions it is so painful when I get up.

I'm experiencing the same thing! I have a dr appt next Monday.

I have it to, my midwife said the only thing that would help would be physio and the waiting list for physio is 5 weeks!
I found padding in bed helps, a mattress topper and a pillow between the knees helps

Pillows do help. I have to shove one under my back, one under my stomach and one between my knees. Helps a lot!

For a while I was sleeping w one between my legs but moving from side to side back n forth all night I gave up

I've had spd for a few months now & it was nasty, felt like my pubic bone was splitting in half, it was constant pain. The other day I woke up in the middle of the night & rolled over - easily! It was really weird but I'm presuming since bubs has engaged his head is supporting my pelvis & the pain is gone. I'm still achy & little sore, but not in pain anymore.

Awww yay for baby moving I was actually able to sleep on my left side for a long period of time that's a start

Hang in there! I have had this the last few months and it is a bugger! i sleep on the couch now for some relief. I also get chiropractic adjustments regularly and massages monthly. Plus, I had some physical therapy appointments that got me on a stretching/strengthening regimen that helps someone - but the pain can still become quite unbearable at times. Good luck, mama!

I do physio for this (have been in since 20 weeks as I had a previous back injury and wanted to make sure it didn't impact my labour). The two most helpful exercises my PT gave me are "teapots" (Think like the actions for the nursery rhyme - basically, stand upright and, with knees slightly bent, tilt your torso to one side then the other - SLOWLY - and just let things stretch out really gently as you do so) and hurdle stretches (this one is more for my back injury). As sore as it is, moving around as much as you can during the day will SUPER help with it at night!

I have had similar pelvic girdle/ SPD pain since early on 2nd trimester, just getting worse and worse. I sleep with a big pillow between my legs. I saw a physio who popped my hips back into place but that hasn't helped much. I have just started wearing a support belt which is AMAZING, has reduced pain by like 80%.

I now avoid vacuuming/ mopping/ lifting anything remotely heavy, grocery shopping by myself (luckily DH is helping with all of this!).

I was doing yoga stretches to stretch my hips out but turns out that can make it worse as you're supposed to keep your legs together eg when getting out of bed, out of the car etc, and do not cross your legs.

I can't cross them lol

Omg girls last night I had the worse Charlie horses in my legs ever in life it was sooo gosh awful painful :-( my legs still hurt this morning

Sounds like spd to me. Its very painful. Ring your midwife and try to see a physio xx

Well, on the bright side, we shouldnt be crossing our legs in the 3rd trimester anyway, so no loss there. The continual pains are beyond frustrating. Pillows are totally my very best friend - and the couch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->