On a crazy rollercoaster

Tasha

4kids+2angels+16mc
Reaction score
Hi Ya.

I don't know where to begin. This is my first thread here this pregnancy as I've just been too scared to start one. The reason for my fear? Well over the past six years I have had sixteen first tri loses as well as a stillbirth at 24+3 (I'd had three children with me and a stillbirth at 36+6 before this too). So just being pregnant is scary for me.

I had an appointment with my professor booked before I knew I was pregnant for last Friday (I was 4+5/6) and because they wanted me to go a really high dose of blood thinning injections she scanned me. She told me that the sac was awful and unsavable, that there was no hope. Obviously I was gutted and cried, a lot. I stopped all meds (I was in anti malaria tablets, steroids, aspirin, pretnals, high dose folic acid, vitamin d supplements, as well as fragmin).

Later in the week I wanted to see if I would start bleeding soon, so did a pregnancy test and it was darker than any of my tests, ever! So doubt creeped back in and I started meds again.

I had to go for a scan a week after the last to completely rule out ectopic, if I had not started bleeding. I went for that yesterday and there in my womb was a perfect, symmetrical gestation sac, yolk sac and fetal pole, all bang on for size. I didn't see a hb (that's okay though as I was only 5+5/6 and didn't see one until almost seven weeks with my little girl who was born sleeping at 24+3). The sonographer said it all looked great.

I'm just completely overwhelmed by the emotions these past week has brought. I hope if anyone else thinks there Dr might be wrong, they follow their instincts.

Tasha I can't tell you how much it made me smile to see your updated signature and ticker :dance:

Congratulations Tasha!!! I am so happy for you and really hope this is your rainbow! Will keep all my crossables crossed for you and this baby xxxx

Thank you Ellie.

Thank you steph and congratulations.

Congrats Hun. But omg how much does the fragmin injections hurt :/ I'm so bruised :(

I am happy to see you here. <3

Congratulations Tasha :hugs: You have been through so much to get here, I really hope you are pregnant with your rainbow baby :hugs: Sending lots of positive vibes!!

xx

Congrats Hun. But omg how much does the fragmin injections hurt :/ I'm so bruised :(

I was about to say that my stomach isn't bruised but just looked at my stomach and for the first time ever it's bruised. I can't tell you how happy and excited that makes me as I always suspected my normal dose (40 mg) wasn't enough and now I'm bruising it seems like the 160 mg may be working. I have to do eight a day atm (need to get a new prescription to get higher dose ones) and yes it's stingy. How are you doing hun?

:) you are one of my biggest cheerleaders. Love Ya xx

Congratulations Tasha :hugs: You have been through so much to get here, I really hope you are pregnant with your rainbow baby :hugs: Sending lots of positive vibes!!

xx

Thank you so much. I hope you're okay x

You really deserve it Tasha. Praying you'll get your rainbow baby at the end of it.

I was about to say that my stomach isn't bruised but just looked at my stomach and for the first time ever it's bruised. I can't tell you how happy and excited that makes me as I always suspected my normal dose (40 mg) wasn't enough and now I'm bruising it seems like the 160 mg may be working. I have to do eight a day atm (need to get a new prescription to get higher dose ones) and yes it's stingy. How are you doing hun?

:) you are one of my biggest cheerleaders. Love Ya xx

xx

Thank you so much. I hope you're okay x
How many a day? Omg... I inject in my thighs lv. Quiet poorly to be honest with u :( Bad anxiety. I'm struggling but persevering :/ As you do. Had abit of a bleed but baba was ok. I'm going bk on Thursday for yet another scan then I'll be 8+2 :D Still refusing to let it sink in and be happy :/ But then I suppose that's the norm? I'm glad things are looking good for u :D xxxx

Got my fingers crossed for you Hun

Thank you lozzy. Congrats on your pregnancy. How are you doing?

You really deserve it Tasha. Praying you'll get your rainbow baby at the end of it.

Thank you so much x

How many a day? Omg... I inject in my thighs lv. Quiet poorly to be honest with u :( Bad anxiety. I'm struggling but persevering :/ As you do. Had abit of a bleed but baba was ok. I'm going bk on Thursday for yet another scan then I'll be 8+2 :D Still refusing to let it sink in and be happy :/ But then I suppose that's the norm? I'm glad things are looking good for u :D xxxx

Yikes I can't stand the idea of in my legs. Are you seeing anyone for the anxiety? Eight weeks is a nice time, things are getting clearer.

Hey hon! I have everything crossed and am praying that this is your rainbow!

Oh wow... your past experiences are so heartbreaking. Praying and hoping for your rainbow baby xxx

Congrats Tasha, so glad you doubted your Doc!

8 injections a day - what's your technique for avoiding the bruises? I'm getting better at it, so my tummy is more a brown smear at the mo, rather than the huge black blob it was a couple of weeks ago.

Congratulations! I really hope this is your rainbow x

Thank you so much.

Leilani, I use my stomach as there is more to it then my legs :haha: lay down as this makes a ninety degree angle easier and then do it as slowly as I can, the speed is the real issue IMO x

Oh wow wow wow wow

So pleased to read this thread and see your ticker!

Huge congratulations Tasha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->