On first round of clomid...

Hi Ladies,

Hope all are well…

Heavenly, glad your feeling more positive, i've been told thats the key! (if only it were that simple!!)

dreamofabump - sorry you didn't get lucky on 1st round but onwards and upwards!

I'm looking for a bit of advice on ov tests if anyone can help?

Think I ov’s last weekend but not sure and wondered what you thought. Weds the test had no line on, Thurs the line was faint and then Friday the line was much, much darker but not quite as dark as the control line. Unfortunately on Saturday I was away, had run out of tests and none of the shops where I was had any so I couldn’t test. On Sunday I tested and there was no line again.

I know the test line has to be as dark or darker as the control line to be ov so I’m thinking that maybe it would have tested positive if had been able to test on Saturday. I have attached a pic of the test stick from Friday to see what you think (its a bit blurry, sorry also there are two tests on there as I didn’t think the top one would work as it looked weird. Bottom one is the correct one).

Also, my fertility nurse told us to BD every other day but on the ov test leaflet it says when you test positive you should bd within 24 hours but not after 48. We bd’s late on Fri night and as we were away the next time was late on Sun night so I’m worried I may have missed my window.

Any thoughts on these two things would be much appreciated!

C
xx

i wouldnt worry hbun as sperm can live inside you for up to 5 days :thumbup: and it looks like fridays test was nearly positive so maybe u ovulate saturday andd if so you couldnt of caught the egg. im keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx

hello, i was monitered with scans last month and on day 10 i only had one egg at 14mm. then went 5 days later and it nearly doulbled to 27 mm :p went back again cd 17 and it was 32mm. got a positive ovulation test the next day so we dtd. went back on the monday and the egg was gone :) my nurse told me it should grow upto 2 mm a day. so good luck il keep my fingers crossed for you xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for looking at that, so do you reckon I missed it then? Does everyone bd everyday on the three days following positive opk?

C
x

Thanks for looking at that, so do you reckon I missed it then? Does everyone bd everyday on the three days following positive opk?

C
x

i think your in with a chance huni :thumbup: i was realli angry when aunt flow showed up last month but as my doctor told me theres still only a 25% chance of getting the egg even when bedding at the right time .... i was like great that makes me feel alot better :nope:
but am keeping my fx for all of us xxx

I know - why is it so hard?!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my prescription of Clomid on Saturday and was pleased to see they've given me enough for another 6 months, so that means i'll have 9 goes in all - doesn't sound a lot though when I say it like that!!!

Fx'd for you too....are you in UK?

x
C

I know - why is it so hard?!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my prescription of Clomid on Saturday and was pleased to see they've given me enough for another 6 months, so that means i'll have 9 goes in all - doesn't sound a lot though when I say it like that!!!

Fx'd for you too....are you in UK?

x
C

it doesnt sound alot but ur lucky my gyno will only let me have 4 months on clomid, i dont no why ? i think they all do things different :wacko: yeah im in the uk in the south east. what about you? i think it takes an average of 3 to 4 cycles on clomid to get a bfp. but atm i feel really down because if i get a bfn this month im half way through my treament n its been nearly 3 years of trying it just feels like im never gonna see them two lines :cry: but thats why i love this site cause we can all support eachother :happydance: x

Well I have finished my 3rd round of Clomid and I got a Peak today. I only have one cycle left. I am ovulating on it, which is good.

I have sort of come to terms it's not going to happen naturally, my FS doesn't want me on it more than 4 months, because of my age, he doesn't want me wasting time too long when I can't hang around re IVF. Have appointment with Director of the Agora Clinic on Monday to discuss my AMH results and OH's new SA results, then discuss OE or DE. That's the next step!! Not sure what the next few months will hold, but I need to have a plan beyond Clomid.

Love to you all. xx

I thought Uk docs give you up to 12 months but yes it does seem that its different everywhere. I'm in South West and they only do IVF up until 39 and i'm 36 this year so feeling a bit nervous about that. I really hope I don't have to go down that route but every month that I get a BFN is one month closer to IVF!!

Before I started taking Clomid I looked on a site where most people seemed to have got their BFP's on their first round, so I was really disappointed when I didn't get mine...but I guess everything takes time.

I'm the same, I can't ever imagine seeing a positive pregnancy test, i'm sure we will though - positive thinking!

C
x

I thought Uk docs give you up to 12 months but yes it does seem that its different everywhere. I'm in South West and they only do IVF up until 39 and i'm 36 this year so feeling a bit nervous about that. I really hope I don't have to go down that route but every month that I get a BFN is one month closer to IVF!!

Before I started taking Clomid I looked on a site where most people seemed to have got their BFP's on their first round, so I was really disappointed when I didn't get mine...but I guess everything takes time.

I'm the same, I can't ever imagine seeing a positive pregnancy test, i'm sure we will though - positive thinking!

C
x

or your one month closer to your BFP :thumbup: every time af shows i think im one month closer,,, it saves me going mad lol well today i had a near positive on the ovulation test so im gonna do another one tonite and fx its a positive and i will order dh to bed lol how long roughly after a positive does the egg actully release? x

Hi dreamofabump, I’m sadly out for this month

AF reared her ugly head yesterday without warning (apart from some light cramping yesterday which I was hoping was something else). I was only talking to my Hubby yesterdaymorning about when we could do a Preg test. Typical!!

It seems that Clomid is making my cycles much shorter. The cycle before I started taking clomid was 32 days, my first cycle on clomid was 27 days and this one has only been 23 days. Is this normal?

Not sure what to do about round 3 as it looks like my hubby will be away around ov time (we will be cutting it very fine!!) Do you think I should carry on taking it this month and hope we catch it or should I save the tablets? I’m not sure if stopping and starting again will mess my system up.

What do you think?

I'm having a scan on 23rd so the nurse can see whats gooing on and give me more of an idea on my ov times.

I think you ovulate between 24 and 36 hrs after a pos opk...
C
x

coastdreams: thanks i thought it was that long after a positive.
If it was me i wouldnt want to waste the tablet, plus ive read on alot of sights that some girls had gotton pregnant on there month break on clomid so what you got to lose :) i think clomid can shorten your cycle depending on what day you take it at the start of your cycle. and im sorry that af got you hunni :-( xxx

Well I have finished my 3rd round of Clomid and I got a Peak today. I only have one cycle left. I am ovulating on it, which is good.

I have sort of come to terms it's not going to happen naturally, my FS doesn't want me on it more than 4 months, because of my age, he doesn't want me wasting time too long when I can't hang around re IVF. Have appointment with Director of the Agora Clinic on Monday to discuss my AMH results and OH's new SA results, then discuss OE or DE. That's the next step!! Not sure what the next few months will hold, but I need to have a plan beyond Clomid.

Love to you all. xx

I hope you find a plan that is going to work for you I am having a hard time with reality that the clomid is probably not going to work for me. It's just hard sometimes :hugs:

i got my positive on the ov tests yesterday and had a falling out with dh so thought well great thats me out this month. ive just done another one and the colour is the same as yesterdays so if i try and dtd tonight do u think im still in with achance ? x

i got my positive on the ov tests yesterday and had a falling out with dh so thought well great thats me out this month. ive just done another one and the colour is the same as yesterdays so if i try and dtd tonight do u think im still in with achance ? x

You go for it hun. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->