On morphine for gallstones

Becky123

Mum to Owen Rhys
Reaction score
The attacks are so bad and happen so often that the doctor has put me on morphine for the pain but even this doesn't get rid of it. I am in agony most nights despite eating a low fat diet.
I'd rather die than have this pain, I'm hardly sleeping cuz of the attacks.
I am so depressed over it. why can't they just take my gallbladder out instead of having to wait for ages on a waiting list

im so so sorry, i have the same problem, but no where near as bad as you! can you not just keep going to a and e? try a different a&E if thats not helping, it doenst have to be the same trust

I agree, keep going back..mine was awful, constant pain and I ended up with jaundice twice in 3 weeks..I got mine removed 2 days ago now and already feel so much better. I was on the waiting list to have it out but got bumped up as I went back in..Hope they sort you soon..xx

Thanks am so annoyed they've cancelled my appointment I had with consultant on monday,
I've been in pain for 2 days, went to the hospital and they said there is nothing they could do except give me more morphine whicn doesn't help.
My mums lent me her tens machine to see if that helps but still not really helping.
I've had enough now, am going to see if I can get a loan to go private cuz I can't live like this :-(

my friend went private for this op.
they wouldnt let me home when i went to a+e bcos my amylase was so high.
have you tried any other pain relief morphine doesnt take the pain away it just sedates you so it doesnt seem so bad it was the only othing besides entonox that worked for me.
good luck
xx

:hugs:
Thanks am so annoyed they've cancelled my appointment I had with consultant on monday,
I've been in pain for 2 days, went to the hospital and they said there is nothing they could do except give me more morphine whicn doesn't help.
My mums lent me her tens machine to see if that helps but still not really helping.
I've had enough now, am going to see if I can get a loan to go private cuz I can't live like this :-(

oh bless you, u really are suffering :hugs: i hope u can get this sorted very.very soon! i think tha amount of pain you are in and the NHS wont even do anything is disgusting you should be top of the list your the 1st person i have any known to suffer like this and i think its very sad you have to go to the extreme of getting a loan to make you better, again hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Have been on codeine but it gave me heart palpitations and didn't help had tramodol but that also did nothing even the morphines not helping

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->