+ on one test then - on another?.... help!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mamatrinity, Nov 16, 2011.

1. mamatrinity

mamatrinity New Member

:hi: I am not sure where this goes, I am new to this site so if I posted in wrong section I am sorry... :shrug:

okay so I was on Nuvaring until the 8th of Oct. then I took my ring out, never put it back in... My last period started Oct. 8th, and have not had a period since. :af: I have been super tired, and really sore boobs, nausea, the whole 9 yards, :sick: so Sunday night I got a 3 pack of First Response Early pregnancy tests. Took one Sunday... :bfn: took one with yesterday’s morning urine... :bfn: so today I still felt like poop so I said what the heck, I had one test left and took it around noon and got a very faint pink double line :bfp: ? So hubby went back and got a Wal-Mart equate "early" double pack. Because they were out of First Response (it’s a blue dye pregnancy test)... I take that test, and put the cap on and put it down, well as the line is going across I see a very faint second line so I pick it up, while reading the pamphlet it said in a nut shell to not pick it up from the flat position until after 2 mins or it could mess with the results. :dohh: Well of course I put it back down, waiting 2 more mins and the line went away. :saywhat: So then he went back to Wal-Mart and got a couple of the first signal $0.88 tests and I took one when he got back and it says negative. Hmph I am stumped.:wacko: Could it be because different tests read different HCG levels? My first pregnancy I did not get a positive test until 6 1/2 weeks, ended in m/c due to low progesterone, my son had a twin..(I lost twin around 8 weeks) and had a bfp at 3 1/2 weeks. I am stumped. I will take any advice. I have one blue dye Wal-Mart equate test left, and 2 $0.88 first signal Wal-Mart test left that I was going to use with tomorrows morning urine.

Sorry for such a long post :dohh: thanks so much ladies! :hugs:

2. daydreaming22

daydreaming22 Well-Known Member

Do you have pics? FRER is usually more sensitive than the other test, although I have heard that the .88 tests are 10 mlu. Try posting in the pregnancy test gallery section, you might get more answers. Good luck!

3. Jodie13

Jodie13 Well-Known Member

I'd test with another First Response. I do not like the blue dye tests at all!!

4. stellargaze

stellargaze Well-Known Member

I don't trust the cheap tests at all anymore! THe same thing happened to me with some I.C.'s which are also sold at a lot of dollar stores. I thought I wasn't pregnant and had just about given up hope. I got a faint line on one, and then loads of negatives, then a very faint line that looked like an evap line. It was really confusing! I got a blaring bfp with frer though! I'd spring for a better test!