On the verge of quitting :(

Rysgirl

Reaction score
I have been bf since baby was born (will be 2 weeks old on Saturday). He is gaining a ton of weight (birth weight was 6lb10oz and at 10 day check was up to 7lb6oz!).
He is feeding every 2 hours and I really feel drained. I am so tired and emotional all the time.
I have also lost nearly a stone off my pre pregnancy weight. I have no appetite and am worried about my weight loss as I was slim to start with.
The midwife says to eat as much as I can but I don't feel like anything.
Have to add I am on antidepressants as suffer from depression an just think I'm really struggling with life just now.

Don't quit, you're doing great!

I know it feels hard right now, but having a new born is hard.

Have you got people around you to help look after you, so you can focus on baby?

Feeding every 2 hours is normal. Feeds will start to space out.

Once you get in a groove with breastfeeding its so convenient and easy. It's just so lovely too.

I recommend safe co-sleeping to help maximise rest & get you through the early days. It saved me.

Good luck mama & congratulations on your little one.

The best advice I ever got was never to quit on a bad day!! And we didn't. Its such a shock to the system having this new person rely on you every couple of hours. FF babies feed 2 hourly too though and there is a LOT more work involved in that. Your baby is doing great and you are doing the BEST you can by them.

Keep at it girl. Your appetite will return until then just snack. Chin up. It gets better,. x

I also lost a tonne of weight in the early days (was slim already) and ended up 1/2 stone lighter than pre pregnancy. I had no appetite either and had to force myself to eat. I was in tears everyday and scared I had pnd... Honestly the first three weeks were the hardest, but believe me it gets better. Your LO is doing so well and that's all down to you! Hang in there and be kind to yourself. Youve just done the most physically and emotionally trying thing ever in giving birth and have a big dose of post pregnancy hormones. You are doing really well and so is LO, even if you dont feel it right now.

You are doing an amazing job!

I don't know how long you were thinking of breast feeding, but try setting some small goals. Our first goal was one month. Just think... you're half way there! Our next goal was 3 months, then 6, now on to 12 and after that 18-36 (depending upon the boob monster and her will to wean).

The first 3 weeks are the most difficult, but you are doing it! You are amazing and just know that your kiddo will love you no matter how you feed. Now that we are established BF is so easy and convenient and cost effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->