One boob leaks while breastfeeding the other boob?

Night Flower

Reaction score
Just curious if this is normal?

I feel like if I nurse on one side the other side drips out until its almost empty.

Anyone else like this? How do you prevent this waste?

totally normal!
you can get those nipple shields I think they are called and collect the milk

Yes, normal. It won't leak out everything. I used to just keep my breast pad on whatever side I wasn't nursing on.

totally normal!
you can get those nipple shields I think they are called and collect the milk

Do u mean so LO can have it right then from the nipple shield or so u can put it in a bag to keep for later?! Just curious cause I don't want to use the shields but might be a good way to collect milk.

I still leak a bit occasionally from the other side while nursing...I dislike being wet, but other than nursing pads there isn't loads you can do.

Happened to me too. I figured out a way to hold baby on one side with one arm, and put a little cup under the other breast to catch the milk. I'd freeze it to use later.

Yes that's totally normal. Mine did it for about six months although much more so at first and then it slowed down. It doesn't leak out everything though. I used to stop the flow by putting a finger on the nipple.

Mine did it for the the whole 6 months I fed DS1 & have had it again since my milk came in with DS2. It's annoying & expensive with all the breast pads over all that time! But it's not loads now. Just an initial let down then it stops.

you can use the milk from the shields (probably) but it's always foremilk so it's like collecting a "light" meal for the little one. and no, it won't empty out. the shields work great for collecting the milk and saving yourself the mess of being wet all the time. plus it has little breathing holes and keeps possible sore nipples fromrubbing against clothes. just make sure you don't lean over with the shield on and risk spilling the milk out. i do that when i am tired and then end up changing clothes in the middle of the night and mopping the floor. :haha:

ps- breastpads made my sore nipples worse as it kept the moister in at first and now i just don't use them.

I didn't get a massive amount of leaking, but I got some. I noticed that if I had a bra on with one side unclipped (nursing bra) or pulled down (thin sleeping bra) then I was much less likely to leak. I'd use a pad too, but that wasn't always necessary to stop the leaking. So I think that sometimes anything at all on your breast might prohibit the leaking. Eventually it does stop completely. It's been a long time since I've leaked anything.

I have a dual let down so if my baby is nursing on one side, especially at the start of feeding session, then I leak quite a bit. I use nursing pads and have found that if my milk is dribbling alot, I can stop it by pushing on the nipple for a few minutes.

Totally normal:):) it wont be much will just trickle out:):)

I just squirt some out...just unltil the letdown feeling is gone..sounds weird but it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->