One boob or two?

hopalong

Reaction score
I've been bf for 11 days now but I'm
not sure that I'm doing it right - each time my daughter feeds I use one boob and then the next feed I use the other boob. I usually stop half way through the feed to change her nappy but then go back to the same boob for the second half. Should I be using both boobs in one feed to make sure she's getting more milk? At the moment feeds last anywhere between 30 mina and an hour and I'm feeding every 2 or 3 hrs but sometimes it's sooner. Thanks :)

sounds like your doing it right to me. you need to make sure LO is getting enough hind milk and not just foremilk. if its less than an hour go back to the same one

You're doing it exactly right sweetie. Keep offering the same breast (at the one sitting) until they get fussy and only then swap over. This ensures that baby is getting the richer, thicker hindmilk which is fattier and creamier than the foremilk which is like a refreshing drink before their "main meal":thumbup:

When you start the next feed you start on the opposite breast that you started with the last time....regardless of whether you finished on that one (if baby fed from both sides). My babies have usually been satisfied enough with just the one side until they're quite a bit older and then they started to feed off both sides:thumbup:

Sounds like you're doing fab babe....don't doubt yourself xxxxxxxxx

Sounds like you're doing a great job hon :hugs:

I do this too, and so far it seems to be the right thing :)

sounds good to me hon :thumbup: i only started offering Freddie both boobs when he was about 3 months or more i think xxx

You are doing great hun! By offering her just one breast you are making sure she drains that one, and preventing plugged ducts/mastitis. Sometimes if my LO drains the one and is still hungry I'll switch to the other, than the next time she feeds I will start with the last breast to make sure she drains that one too.

Thanks everyone you've all reassured me that I'm not doing things wrong I'll carry on as I am now I know I'm doing it right :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->