'One born every minute' on again! Yay!

But at the same time she has no daughters so she wont be able to experiance it.

Want my mam in though lol
Bugger... didn't think about that... maybe I should invite MIL next time :rofl:... and I'd have to invite my mum too since she'd feel left out... bloody hell, it'll be a proper spectator sport. Better ask OH to bring pop corn.

I can see me having a right house full when i have kids

Perhaps you should have a live web broad cast! :rofl:
---
I guess you can have whoever you like there... within reason.
x

But at the same time she has no daughters so she wont be able to experiance it.

Want my mam in though lol
Bugger... didn't think about that... maybe I should invite MIL next time :rofl:... and I'd have to invite my mum too since she'd feel left out... bloody hell, it'll be a proper spectator sport. Better ask OH to bring pop corn.

I can see me having a right house full when i have kids

Perhaps you should have a live web broad cast! :rofl:
---
I guess you can have whoever you like there... within reason.
x

If your having a homebirth you can have who ever in there. No doubt there will be a camera there somewhere

lol@within reason - thats set my mind racing to whats NOT within reason - oh dear - now sat giggling to myself! cheered me up no end - thank u!

Ohhhh dear .. I hope I cope better then that girl :wacko: She was making a right fuss!

Pillow lady just made me laugh but I did feel her pain, she was speaking but noone was listening, I would have sent my man for a mcdonalds!!

lol@within reason - thats set my mind racing to whats NOT within reason - oh dear - now sat giggling to myself! cheered me up no end - thank u!

I guess as long as the MW can elbow her way to the front it's all good! :thumbup:

Ohhhh dear .. I hope I cope better then that girl :wacko: She was making a right fuss!

Pillow lady just made me laugh but I did feel her pain, she was speaking but noone was listening, I would have sent my man for a mcdonalds!!

Yer id have sent him to the sarnie machine

Watched this last night with OH and oh my God ... that young woman was just being utterly ridiculous. I've never been through labour and can't pretend to know what it feels like, but she was acting like a little child and before she was examined I said to OH that I would bet she wasn't far along at all because it all looked like too much of a show ... and I was right! She was awful. I said to OH I just wanted to slap her and he said he was glad I had said that because that's what he was just thinking. I was so glad when her mother talked some sense to her, but did you see how she started acting up again when her mother left? Grrr. She made me mad. Must be a midwife's worst nightmare!

It's also made me more pleased about the fact that my OH and I have waited many years to become debt-free (or near enough) before TTC so that we have a financially stable future for our baby. The thought of giving birth with neither of us having jobs or money just scares the life out of me.

I told OH to smother me if I start acting like that in labour! I truly hope I can cope a little better. It must scare a lot of pregnant or soon to be pregnant ladies watching that.

Watched this last night with OH and oh my God ... that young woman was just being utterly ridiculous. I've never been through labour and can't pretend to know what it feels like, but she was acting like a little child and before she was examined I said to OH that I would bet she wasn't far along at all because it all looked like too much of a show ... and I was right! She was awful. I said to OH I just wanted to slap her and he said he was glad I had said that because that's what he was just thinking. I was so glad when her mother talked some sense to her, but did you see how she started acting up again when her mother left? Grrr. She made me mad. Must be a midwife's worst nightmare!

It's also made me more pleased about the fact that my OH and I have waited many years to become debt-free (or near enough) before TTC so that we have a financially stable future for our baby. The thought of giving birth with neither of us having jobs or money just scares the life out of me.

I told OH to smother me if I start acting like that in labour! I truly hope I can cope a little better. It must scare a lot of pregnant or soon to be pregnant ladies watching that.

I completely agree, i watched it this morning and almost wanted to turn it off because of that young woman making so much fuss when she wasn't that far along, I don't understand why she was working herself up so much, it hurts more when you are stressing and straining silly girl, she was acting like she was the only lady in the hospital, thank god her mom knocked a little bit of sense into her.

the young girls kind of terrified me, whats the general feeling, especially those who've had kids, do you think she was putting it on or just slightly ott?
is it really that bad?

the young girls kind of terrified me, whats the general feeling, especially those who've had kids, do you think she was putting it on or just slightly ott?
is it really that bad?

Personally I think she was being a bit OTT, she was working herself up. She'd have been better moving around and trying to concentrate on something else. Must easier imo if you keep calm

I think everyone reacts differently to pain & of course has different a pain threshold.

I'm stupidly polite & quite a quiet person, BUT when in labour, & with that gas & air I'm not ashamed to admit I screamed and shouted & swore! I feel that it was (IMO) out of my control, and is the reason why I don't like the gas - it makes me loose control. But again everyone is different.

I will add that at the point when I screamed & shouted, I was in fully established labour - so perhaps at 2-3cm dialated the girl was over reacting, but we do not know this. Maybe she had a very low pain threshold or perhaps she was just very scared, which made her body tense up & the pain then would have become worse.
Yes she shouldn't have called her baby that name, but I'm sure she didn't mean it & will probably always remember & feel awful about it.

Labour can be a scary thing & if your not prepared for that pain, you then may become scared & you will make the pain worse for yourself. (which is what happened to me)

The best thing I can recommend is that you read up on positions, exercises, maybe attend antenatal classes (never done the classes myself so can't comment on how helpful they are) etc to help you when the time comes. And when the time comes try to remain mobile & do what you body tells you to do - lying on your back isn't always the best position to give birth in, so do not feel that you have to do that jut becuase that is what they always show you on TV:flower:

Hope that helps someone. Good luck to you all :kiss:

ok speaking as someone who has been through labour twice. This is my thoughts.

With my first labour my waters broke on there own before labour began. When labour did begin the contractions were extremely intense right from the start and I did find it very hard to get through them. I was only 2cms dilated but was begging for pain relief too. Yes I screamed and shouted, I threw the gas and air across the room and broke it etc...
It was my first baby and it was a very scary experience, you don't know pain like labour pain until you have experienced it.

My second labour was different, my waters didn't break until her head was crowning. I can say that there is a definite difference between contractions with waters intact and contractions after waters have broken. When the membranes are still intact it has sort of a cushioning effect and although it is still very painful, it's more in your bump than down in your pelvis and it does make it a tiny bit more bearable.
My second labour was better also because I knew what to expect and was more relaxed.

I personally don't think she was over reacting I just think she wasn't prepared for it. Her mum said herself that she was a "hard nut" so I think she thought it would all be relatively easy and when the pain hit it scared her as it wasn't what she expected, which made things seem worse.

I felt sorry for the lady who had been there for days and the girl screaming, okay I've never been in labour but I thought she wasn't prepared for it either... freaked me out when the husband got home I was like quick come in and cuddle me this girl is screaming!

that 20year old really bugged me and even the midwife goes the young ones dont no what real pain is!!!

She was totally OTT its not that bad she used the gas and air wrong so no duh it was not helping!! comon luv get a bloody grip

as to someone who asked about people who have had babies.

It really was not that bad for me(aged 17), first painful contraction at 10am got to the mat unit at 12 Noon was checked over so still no gas and air yet, told i was 9cm, Midwifes panicked trying to find a room for me to give birth in by that stage i was alowed gas and air and to get in a bath while i got to 10cm, once i got out the bath because i wanted to push she broke my waters since they would not brake :dohh: contractions stopped dead in there tracks **normally dont for most people ive heard** my body started to push i was to scared but did not make some huge fuss or really much sounds to be honest, the head crowing was very weird and about like your bits being on fire :haha: lol by 2:05pm baby was born at 7lbs5 :thumbup:

I was told after by the midwifes i was so quite they thought when they checked me i was only going to be maybe 4cm at max and that they have women who made more sounds than me pushing baby out at 2/3cm lol

Lozzy she wants to come in so she can snatch it right away I guess :haha:

I couldnt believe the 20 year old that was shouting the house down at 2 cms. lol.

I was thinking about this a lot yesterday (maybe becuase I've just got BFP so birth is playing on my mind - 3rd time around for me & I am worried already:wacko:)

Anyway I remembered, after the birth of DD1 I couldn't apologise enough for my shouting/screaming/swearing etc AND the midwife told me to:

a) stop being so stupid everyone screams & shouts - that is what they expect!
b) that when SHE/THE MIDWIFE (in her late 20'S) herself was only 2/3cm dilated she was on the floor of the delivery room screaming & shouting for pain relief. She actually said that once she got through the door she was in so much pain she felt she could get to the bed.

So......everyone is different, feels pain differently & reacts differently to pain. So I don't think anyone should judge others on their pain threshold & their need for pain relief.

Rant over :haha:

Good luck to all of you ladies :kiss:

I personally don't think she was over reacting I just think she wasn't prepared for it. Her mum said herself that she was a "hard nut" so I think she thought it would all be relatively easy and when the pain hit it scared her as it wasn't what she expected, which made things seem worse.

I think you could have a very valid point there ley :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->