one day period, 5 negative HPTs, positive OPK

poodahsmommy

Reaction score
im new here so please forgive me for not knowing all of the abbreviations. I need opinions. My honey and I have been TTC for over a year now. I have a history of endo and ovarian cysts. I have a 10 yr old and am way beyond ready for #2. I have been using OPK's and charting on a phone app. April 4th had a positive OPK, did the deed and waited. AF was supposed to start on 4/21, it came on 4/20 and lasted literally 24 hours. during that 24 hours it was like a normal AF. of course i was disappointed. when it stopped i became curious and took an HPT. that was a BFN!!! thought it was too early, since 4/22 i've taken 4 HPT total and all BFN. last night took OPK, that was negative, this morning OPK was positive. only concern is i have symptoms of pregnancy....headaches, heartburn, fatigue, rapid weight gain and swollen belly. i've read that OPK could/would still show positive if preggers due to similarities in LH and HCG. my belly actually looks preggers as well. i know it's early but i've also heard women show earlier the second time around. called the OB and cannot get an appt until end of May. so confused. :nope: had procedure 1 year ago to clean out endo and scar tissue and had tube (only have one left) checked and OB said no reason shouldn't happen. could it be false negatives two weeks later???

Hi !
didnt want to read and run - I think its best to wait another day or two to test again just in case your body hasnt produced enough hormone to be picked up on the tests..
is there another way maybe you can go to a doctor and request blood tests to be done??
fingers crossed for you either way
xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->